United Nations Environment Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP's mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UNEP's Communications Division communicates UNEP's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Digital Strategy, the consultant will perform the following duties:
- Draft and edit daily updates and campaign content for social media platforms for corporate UNEP accounts.
- Draft daily content updates for UNEP senior officials.
- Monitor platforms and draft reports on analytics to measure progress for corporate UNEP social media accounts.
- Contribute to keeping information sharing tools and editorial calendars up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Draft event coverage plans for social media platforms in consultation with partners and campaign leads.
- Produce guidance notes for social media engagement with online influencers.
- Draft weekly internal communications updates in support of the work of the UNEP Anti-Racism Task Force.
- Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree in journalism, communication, international relations, environment or other related field, or a first university degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience is required.
- Experience: A minimum 2 years of professional experience in communication or environment is required.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this assignment, fluency in written and spoken English is required.