UNCDF requires a Digital Finance Specialist? to provide technical advice to the programme team and key grantees? in Malawi in the design of project interventions related to digital financial services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Adance the Digital and Digital Finance Ecosystem in Malwi by providing technical assistance to partners:
- Provide inputs to technical documents or presentations to private / public sector convening’s (forums) on matters of open innovation and open payments ecosystem.
- Draft materials for UNCDF at working groups concerning financial inclusion for the key segments, including: Digital Finance working groups, Fintech working groups etc.
- Constitution launch and oversight of the Digital Finance Association - Malawi.
- Organising the quarterly meetings of the Digital Financial Services Working Group.
- Providing technical inputs to country specific publications which demonstrate thought leadership in DFS.
- Conducting scoping into potential partners and viable interventions towards increasing access and usage of Credit and Savings Products.
Provide technical assistance to DFS providers and FinTechs to develop or scale products that contribute to the increase of women’s financial inclusion such as integrated innovations, women’s access to mobile phones and/or digital/financial literacy:
- Launching Requests for Applications (RFAs) for agent networks, financial literacy, and pilot relevant digital innovations.
- Designing activities and projects, pilots and scale recommendations on policy & regulation, infrastructure, innovation and skills with a focus on growing the digital finance ecosystem.
- Performing Institutional appraisals, business cases and project documents for grants and technical assistance.
Share best practices with Malawian Financial Service Providers (FSP) and Innovation Hubs to inclusively innovate digial products for traditionally underserved stakeholders, like women, youth and those in rural areas:
- Conduct market system research and surveys to inform UNCDF about market impact of its project interventions.
- ?Engage with various ecosystem stakeholders to present / share key insights from UNCDF’s market analyses, scorecard, and lessons learnt from the field.
- Develop knowledge and learning documents, resulting in stronger messages and increased to UNCDF visibility and thought leadership in the inclusive digital innovation space.
- Organising workshops with Malawi Innovation Hubs sharing best practices from UNCDF Malaysia, Uganda, Zambia and others working in Inclusive Innovation.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s degree in economics, international development, or related field is mandatory.
Relevant Work experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in managing projects for improving access to financial services is mandatory.
- Relevant experience in implementing digital solutions in inclusive digital finance, especially for the most marginalized populations particularly in low/middle income countries is mandatory.
- Experience working in Malawi is mandatory.
Desired additional skills and competencies:
- Experience in managing groups of industry stakeholders (association management, conference moderation, event management).
- Experience working with the UN system.
- Experience working with regulators in the Central Bank on digital financial services.
- Experience building partnerships, either public-private partnerships or between private sector players.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Proficiency in English is mandatory.