The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an
expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Digital Skills Trainer is responsible for supporting implementation of the Refugee Employment and Skills Initiative (RESI) project in Kakuma. He/she will primarily oversee delivering of digital skills and online freelancing contents to learners at NRC training centres in Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
RESI project is jointly implemented by Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and International Trade Centre (ITC) with focus on building mid to high level digital skills for connecting target participants to online freelancing markets locally and internationally.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement instructional activities for the learners as per the training modules to facilitate active and meaningful learning experience.
- Prepare and maintain trainer professional records not limited to schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, record of content covered and other records.
- Maintain students’ attendance records and avail them to the supervisor as and when needed.
- Assess and evaluate learners continuously as per the training requirements and maintain their progress records.
- Provide training status report to team during scheduled progress meetings.
- Responsible for registering and updating learner’s details in the centralized database.
- Adapt and deliver the course syllabus on time and with quality.
- Participate in mobilization, recruitment and retention of the freelancing learners
- Participate in guiding, mentoring and supporting learners where required.
- Liaise with the ICT focal person in troubleshooting basic internet/network management issues at the training centres.
- Collect and share feedback and inputs from the centres management and other relevant stakeholders to ensure their meaningful participation in key aspects of digital skills training.
- Support in designing, procuring and distributing support kit and prizes for project trainees.
- Provide market information and technical support to trainees on online work opportunities during and after training.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Hold a recognized Diploma/ Higher Diploma or graduate in ICT or computer studies
- Holds a recognized certificate in teaching methodology in Technical Education
- Two-year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Dedicated to work
- Creative and innovative
- Inclusive in working with others
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills