About the Organization:
International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an alliance of 121 countries initiated by India, the primary objective of the alliance is to work for efficient exploitation of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. Vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of prospective ISA member countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
Position: Director – Human Resources and Coordination P4/P5
Duties and Responsibilities:
Director, Human Resources and Coordination will help in conceptualizing, planning, designing administrative services for ISA, drawing on global best practices.
The Director, Human Resources and Coordination, will report to the Director-General of International Solar Alliance (ISA) working closely with other staff in the various services within the ISA Secretariat for fully operationalizing and managing the following support services: human resources management; governing body meeting servicing and support; procurement of goods and services and ICT management under Article V(3). The incumbent is responsible for:
Human resources: Lead the implementation of and further development of ISA Staff Regulations, Rules and Procedures for managing the ISA secretariat's human resources related matters such as:
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations, and rules. Review and provide advice on exceptions to policies regulation and rules; Provide advice and support to the Director-General on human resources related matters; Assess workforce requirements, map available competencies and skills, and identifies capacity gaps; Prepare classification analysis of jobs in Professional and General Service and related categories. Implementation of end-to-end recruitment processes which includes initiating the hiring process, recruitment planning, advising managers in the preparation of Job Openings and reviewing recommendations on the selection of candidates by ISA secretariat hiring managers.
- Supervise and monitor the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out all human resources administrative transactions including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, and processing of contracts; Administer and provide advice on salary and related benefits, travel, and social security entitlements; Determine and recommend benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status; (keeping economy and optimization in view.)
- Review policies and procedures and recommends changes as required.
- Review and recommend level of remuneration for consultants keeping PPP in view.
- Identify, assess and analyze organizational needs for performance management and staff development and propose and deliver programmes to meet the needs in line with overall organizational goals and objectives. Evaluate effectiveness and impact of staff development and performance evaluation programmes and recommend ways to enhance effectiveness and impact.
- Identify and analyze staff development and career support needs and design and facilitate/support implementation of programmes to meet identified needs.
- Advise and counsels staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
Procurement and Logistical Services Management: Lead the implementation and further development of ISA's procurement regulations and procedures and manage the ISA secretariat's procurement related matters such as:
- Preparation of procurement manual and ensuring 100 % transparent procurements as per rules.
- Chairing the procurement Committee along with Dir (F) as Co- chair.
- Use innovative ways to minimize cost of goods and services for ISA with no dilution in quality.
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of ISA procurement policies and procedures. Review and provide advice on exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Prepare and implement systems for planning and managing procurement of all goods and services for the ISA secretariat, including for projects implemented on behalf of donors, ensuring “best value for money” principles;
- Prepare and implement systems and templates in e-mode for negotiating and concluding contracts for goods and services procured by the ISA secretariat; supervision of the management of contracts; monitoring and reviewing performance of vendors; authorizing amendments to and extensions of contracts; Prepare recommendations to Procurement Committee and for the Director General on Contracts for high-value contracts;
- Compliance with corporate rules and regulations in the management of the procurement strategies including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management e-procurement promotion and introduction, performance measurement Proper management of ISA assets, facilities, and logistical services.
- Provide advice and support to senior management and requisitioning officers on procurement policies and procedures.
Conduct of Assembly and Standing Committees:
- Supporting and organizing the Assembly for the Member Countries
- Supporting the workingof the Standing Committee and Regional Committee
- Follow-up on ISA membership with prospectivemember countries
ICT Management: Ensures forward-looking information and communications technology management and supervision of ICT team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintains a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequately plans for disasters and recoveries.
- Identify and implement an effective ERP system for improved business processes and results and improved client services.
- Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency and full accountability.
- Promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management knowledge sharing, information provision and learning including e-registry, webbased office management system, Internet/Organization website, and Intranet, etc.
Administration & Coordination:
- Provide policy advice and implement new policies and procedures in each of the administrative areas under this area of responsibility. Identify and maintain partnerships and collaborations with other institutions.
- Provide advice, make presentations to and respond to requests from Member States.
- Supervise and manage the staff of the Service
- Conduct various capacity building programmes and trainings.
- Any other task including assigned by the Director-General from time to time.
- Contribute with Director of Finance to Resource mobilization and project formulation
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent or higher) in human resources, business administration, public administration, financial management, economics or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 12 years of professional work experience for P4 level or 15 years for P5 level in the management of multiple support/administrative functions relevant for this position, including, financial management, human resources, IT and procurement.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have between five and seven years of international experience.
- Strong experience in human resources management in the United Nations or International setting strongly desired. Experience with major ERP systems desirable.
- Responsible experience in budget, finance, administration, business administration or related area is required.
- Experience in managing or (supporting) supervising multi- disciplinary teams is required.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills.
- As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage. Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable