Oxfam, Tunis, Tunisia
Closing Date for Applications:
Oxfam International MENA Region is looking for a North Africa (Sub- Region) Director. This new role will be responsible and accountable for the strategic direction and effective management of the NAF sub-regional program, ensuring development, continued improvement in quality and impact of programs and effective financial and human resource management in line with Oxfam Policy.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- In order to help drive and deliver our vision, we are currently seeking an individual who cares about Oxfam’s mission in the region and is able to role-model our values and feminist leadership principles, both internally and externally.
This position requires a range of skills, competencies and experience:-
- Leadership and management experience:- leading through complex change, motivating and empowering teams, development and delivery of program, influencing and humanitarian strategy, representing organizations with multiple national, regional and global stakeholders
- Financial management:- competent steward of Oxfam’s financial resources both in terms of financial management and donor relationships
- Risk management:- experience of managing security, risk and legal compliance within an INGO context, utilizing sound judgements in pressurized and often uncertain contexts.
- Strategic Analysis- Ability to ‘think politically’ and contribute to the analysis of factors driving poverty, marginalization and vulnerability in developing country contexts
- Excellent communication skills, Fluent in written and spoken English and French essential and Arabic desirable.
- Ability to travel, where possible, regionally and globally often to sensitive and high security risk locations.