Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes.
The Director of Corporate Services is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of the Corporate Services Department. In this capacity, she/he is accountable for all financial and administrative operations, including those covering finance, human resources, procurement, logistics and information technology. The Director of Corporate Services is responsible for providing direction and guidance for ICMP security operations and for building and sustaining the capacity of the Corporate Services Department through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of all financial and administrative systems, policies and procedures.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director-General, the Director of Corporate Services’ main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Formulate key corporate strategies, policies and procedures in the areas of financial management, human resource management, procurement, logistics, security and risk management;
- Manage finances in accordance with ICMP and donor policies, best practice and applicable IFRS financial reporting requirements;
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of all budget submissions for potential funders in accordance with budget principles and provide strategic advice on resource mobilization, resource management and the effective utilization of available resources; Lead the review and analysis of existing financial, administrative and security management systems and processes and maintain the high quality of best practices and innovative models of operations management and services; as well as, policies to ensure that the ICMP is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Monitor and oversee the application of all operational rules, regulations, procedures and guidelines; Ensure that all ICMP operational services support the implementation of its mandate and operations in full compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Ensure proper oversight and compliance is provided, leading to minimal audit issues;
- Develop and track the annual ICMP Operational Budget and provide regular financial reports to senior managers;
- Manage cash resources and schedule and monitor income and expenditure to ensure liquidity;
- Oversee the annual financial audit and preparation of the ICMP Financial Statements, working in close cooperation with the external auditor;
- Focal point for donors, Heads of Program, the Board of Commissioners and the ICMP Finance and Audit Committees on strategic Corporate Services issues;
- Ensure the provision of appropriate and adequate IT infrastructure and services to all ICMP country program locations;
- Lead the establishment and maintenance of security standards to protect ICMP staff, assets and premises; and ensure and coordinate the formulation of appropriate strategies, policies, and procedures, including access of all staff and personnel to security training and services.
- Advanced university or equivalent degree in management, public administration, business administration or other relevant discipline
- Financial professional designation, such as: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or similar
- A minimum of fifteen years of professional experience in relevant professional roles, including experience working in, or with, international organizations
- Substantial experience and knowledge of financial management within an international voluntarily funded organization, notably in the areas of budgeting and financial reporting
- Experience and knowledge of human resource management within an international organization
- Experience and knowledge of logistics and procurement within an international organization, ideally with experience support missions in conflict and post conflict environments
- Experience and knowledge of security risk management concepts and policies
- Knowledge of Information Technology management and systems
- Established ability to identify and analyze problems and to take corrective action.
- Professional fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender
- Ability to travel at short notice and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Commitment to the underlying objective of helping the authorities and families of the missing to account for missing persons in an impartial and transparent manner.
- This is a full-time professional position at the E9 of the ICMP salary scale. The position is located in The Hague, the Netherlands. The position includes diplomatic status, generous paid leave and extensive health insurance benefits for the incumbent and any eligible dependent.
- Review of applications will begin on 15 February; however, the position will remain open until filled.
- For more information, or to receive the full job profile, contact the Global Head of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICMP is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. ICMP believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a thoroughly diverse range of candidates. ICMP is proud to be part of the International Gender Champions network.