About the Organization:
Centre for Civil Society advances social change through public policy. Their work in education, livelihood, and policy training promotes choice and accountability across private and public sectors. To translate policy into practice, they engage with policy and opinion leaders through research, pilot projects and advocacy.
Position: Director, Fundraising
CCS is looking for a full-time Director of Fundraising to join their team in an exciting time of organisational growth and development. The role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and as such will be a member of the senior management team sharing collective responsibility to deliver the organisation's strategy and vision. The Director of Fundraising will lead a small and dedicated team of fundraisers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organisation to achieve its fundraising targets and organisational development programs.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams
- In cooperation with the CEO, lead the development of any long-term strategy to achieve agreed long term organisational goals
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
- Manage an effective fundraising team that delivers fundraising income meeting set goals
- Oversee the management of grants, supporting the fundraising team ensuring the production of effective, high-quality proposals and reports.
- Lead the individual giving development plan which includes recruitment and development of new donors
- Lead on the development of new funding streams from foundations and corporates
- Develop and maintain effective donor relationships and retention
Financial Planning and Budget Management
- Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve action plans
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems
- Ensure the Fundraising Department is kept within budget
- The Director of fundraising is a member of the senior management team and as such the post-holder will be expected to play a proactive role in the management of the organisation, including organisational strategic planning, Income and expenditure budget planning and management, advising members of MG on the availability of funds and the viability of obtaining funds to support initiatives and programs and attending finance committee meetings to report and give advice on fundraising matters
- He/she will be expected to prepare department reports and presentations for the Board of Trustees and partake in all Board meetings
- Line management of fundraising team, including agreeing on objectives and individual work plans, managing workload and performance through regular one-to-one line management discussions, Plan and implement personal development program for team members in all relevant skills and undertake annual performance reviews
Required Qualifications and Experience:
They will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from foundations, trusts and individual donors. Educated to degree level or equivalent. Evidence of Continued Professional Development relevant to the role purpose and level.
- At least 8- 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable track record of Strategic Fundraising
- Successful, significant and relevant achievement at management level in a comparable national/international organisation
- Proven track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and business plans
- Proven track record in fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organisation
- Effective dissemination of information to large and diverse groups
- Experience in the development of an individual donor program including donor marketing is also an advantage.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organisation and/ or its services.
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment and of a range of disciplines which will support the cost-effective generation of grants
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently
- Ability to secure Senior Management and Board approval for strategy
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate the type of initiatives and programs within the scope of the post and initiate, develop and deliver new initiatives that build on their successes
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- Knowledge of the public policy landscape in India will be an advantage
- Ability to thrive in diversity – of thought, people, issues
- Being a constant learner with the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and in making decisions, often with incomplete information
- Compensation: CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
Location: The position will be based in CCS headquarters in Delhi. Frequent travel around India with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.