Director General, Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development
Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Closing Date for Applications:
- To steer and oversee all organizational activities of the ISFD.
- To develop and achieve all strategic objectives of the fund, the cultural transformation.
- To provide oversight of core ISFD functions (Poverty Alleviation, Resource Mobilization and Corporate Empowerment),
- To uphold effective corporate governance, people and organization development, managing the relationship with the
- various functions within IsDB.
- To raise visibility of the Fund through developing resource mobilization strategy, partaking in resource mobilization
- activities and maintaining relationships with the Fund’s key donors (Member Countries and high profile, large donors).
- Steer the formulation and development of ISFD’s strategy and work program and submit proposals to the President of IsDB and Chairman of the Board of Directors, as well as the Board of Directors as a whole, for approval
- Steer the formulation and development of key results targets and performance indicators (KPIs) and submit proposals to the President of IsDB
- and Chairman of the Board of Directors, as well as the Board of Directors as a whole, for approval
- Oversee implementation of ISFD’s strategy, operational plan and work program
Operational oversight and coordination:
- Lead and oversee performance across resource mobilization, corporate empowerment, and poverty alleviation functions
- Provide steer to function leads (Poverty Alleviation, Resource Mobilization and Corporate Empowerment) on day-to-day operational decisions
- Guide cross-team and cross-organizational collaboration
- Make operational decisions that are not under the delegation of authority of function leads
- Oversee the Fund’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing
Organization visibility and resource mobilization:
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the Fund
- Oversee development of resource mobilization strategy
- Support ISFD resource mobilization activities specific to government and large development organization donors in coordination with IsDB
- Actively build and maintain relationships with member countries and high profile, large donors
- Engage in large, high profile fund-raising activities (e.g., roadshows) in coordination with Resource Mobilization Lead
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Use of ISFD resources approval and monitoring (for poverty alleviation):
- Work closely with unit leads to steer the pipeline development, ensure link and synergies between organizational units and ensure pipeline conversions
- Clear requests for use of ISFD resources (grants, loans and investments) in accordance with the delegation of authority (DoA), ISFD policies and ISFD strategic priorities
- Submit recommendations to the President and Board of Directors on requests for use of ISFD resources (grants, loans and investments) in
- accordance with the delegation of authority (DoA)
- Reviews project interim review reports, closing assessment of the projects, project completion reports and post-project evaluations
People and organization development:
- Develop the fund’s culture and overall vision
- Generate commitment, motivation and enthusiasm to the ISFD’s goals
- Create a work environment which ensures continuous learning and staff encouragement to suggest, participate and contribute to initiatives of
- improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary
- Create an environment that promotes responsibility and accountability and positive morale
- Manage and maintain close relationships with President of the IsDB and Board of Directors.
- Manage and maintain close relationships with key IsDB counterparts who are involved in poverty alleviation as project or program owners (mainly complex leads – VPs)
- Manage and maintain close relationships with key IsDB counterparts who are responsible for resource mobilization from large donors (mainly complex leads – VPs)
- Manage and maintain close relationships with key IsDB counterparts who are responsible for main functions / services provided by IsDB to the Fund (mainly complex leads – Finance, Legal, Treasury)
Governance, policies, and procedures:
- Clear ISFD’s policies and proposed updates to policies developed by unit leads
- Initiate changes to policies and procedures by requesting proposals for changes from responsible parties (policy / procedure owner) if needed
- Act as Chairman of the ISFD’s Investment and Finance Committee (IFC) to review and make recommendations on all financial affairs and policies of ISFD (including risk, financial management, investment assets), and review and make recommendations on use of ISFD resources. Decisions may be taken within the role’s delegation of authority, otherwise recommendations are recorder for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Act as Chairman of the Management Committee (MCM) to make operational decisions, develop operational policies, set program objectives and performance measures, address performance shortfalls
Academic and professional experience:
- Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, International Relations,
- Political Science or any other related discipline.
- Minimum 13 years of prior relevant experience, preferably in the international/ multilateral development sector, handling multidiscipline functions.
- Minimum 10 years of managerial experience
- Fluent in oral and written English language
- Fluent in oral and written Arabic language
- Fluent in oral and written French language (Preferred)