The Director for Knowledge Management & Learning (KML) will promote knowledge management and learning for Overseas Operations and be part of the Headquarters OverOps senior management team.. This position will support and work closely with colleagues in Headquarters departments within OverOps including colleagues in the Program Impact and Quality Assurance Department (PIQA), the Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA) Department, and other operational units in Overseas Operations. This position ultimately will be responsible for creating and implementing an overall KML framework to support CRS's Overseas Operations work in KML, including leading a team of staff to implement the designed framework. S/he will also aim to create intuitive, low-cost solutions that enable efficiency, improve employee collaboration, and promote a sharing and learning culture. S/he will work to continually support and grow a thriving data-driven, knowledge-bas ed, learning-based culture within OverOps.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Develops a framework for knowledge management and learning (KML) within OverOps.
- Coordinates efforts to integrate KML into CRS OverOps' activities and processes, including program management and new business development.
- Maps and monitors general data/information/knowledge flows to identify gaps and/or enhancements.
- Provides oversight of and standardizes the behavior change to support a technological structure for OverOps' knowledge management and communication platforms, such as MyCRS (intranet), Groups/Teams, Yammer, One Drive, other Office 365 applications. Supports and guides OverOps staff on use of these technology platforms.
- Leads the development of an appropriate taxonomy and categorization of internal learning.
- Design and develop processes and platforms that allow stakeholders to explore data and evidence relevant to CRS programming.
- Develops a comprehensive approach to a communication and dissemination plan for OverOps KML materials.
- Assists OverOps teams with the development of tools and resources related to OverOps' functional disciplines, including through the creation of templates, and roll out and uptake plans.
- Creates and implements KML training for OverOps staff as appropriate.
- Stays abreast of current KML methodologies, techniques, and industry standards within functional disciplines. Participates actively in internal and external networks related to KML and Data Analysis.
- Ensures OverOps KML strategy is operationalized and responsive to needs of our field programs.
- Supervise a team of staff in day-to-day operations, including development of workplans, performance goals, and performance management.
- Oversee creation and management of effective web-based platforms for knowledge collection and dissemination and ensure content management of the platforms.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Business, International Affairs, Development or a related field preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated progressive levels of responsibility including previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
- Familiarity with overseas programming is highly preferred.
- Experience in organizational KML; capturing, documenting, and facilitating best practices and learning.
- Experience designing and delivering professional learning initiatives and associated job tools and resources through formal and nonformal methods highly desirable.
Required Languages - Excellent communication skills in English. French and/or Spanish a plus.
Travel - Ability to travel domestically and overseas up to 20%.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.