About the Organization:
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
About the Role
As Director of School Management, you will set the global vision, strategy, goals for school management; create the processes and tools necessary to enact those goals; and collaborate with the Regional Schools Director to execute this design at scale.
Your goal will be to make every school under our management more consistently effective, primarily through introducing robust structure and process. Your overarching goal is to raise the performance of all schools across all Bridge territories, as measured by student performance, and parent, student, and government satisfaction. You will be responsible for designing and launching systems, tools and structures to improve the day-to-day management and support experience for thousands of school leaders across the globe. This includes the design of a school leader’s own day, schedule and priorities, and structuring the support and monitoring they receive through the entire Schools vertical (Supervisors, Regional Managers; Schools Directors).
You will also set the vision for how core values and practices are reinforced visually and procedurally in all of our schools. Your other goal will be to create a school culture that is vibrant, professional, safe, and focused on learning, leading to large achievement gains and parent, government satisfaction.
The Director of School Management reports to the VP, Schools.
What You Will Do
Design, pilot, iterate and launch systems, tools and structures to improve the day-to-day management and support experience for thousands of school leaders across the globe. This includes:
Structure for the School Leader
- The daily schedule and workflow of the school leader
- Rubrics or tools to help a school leader to track his/her progress, and problem solve common issues that occur in his/her school
Structure for a Schools Supervisor
- The daily schedule and workflow of a school leader’s Supervisor
- Rubrics or tools to help a Supervisor to track his/her schools’ performance
- Communication and coaching that happens between the school leader’s Supervisor and the school leader
- School Visit plan for a Supervisor
- School Visit reporting tools for a Supervisor
Structure for a Regional Manager
- The daily schedule and workflow of a Regional Manager
- Rubrics or tools to help a Regional Manager track his/her schools’ performance
- Communication and coaching that happens between a Supervisor and Regional Manager
- Tools that help a Regional Manager set a strong school visit plan and areas of focus for their Supervisors
- Reporting tools for a Regional Manager
Structure for a Schools Director
- The daily schedule and workflow of a Schools Director
- Communication and coaching that happens between Supervisors/Regional Manager and the Schools Director
- Tools that help a Schools Director set priorities and areas of focus for the Schools vertical
- Reporting tools for a Schools Director
- A school calendar in each territory, that helps set school leaders up for success on implementing annual school events, logistics involved in sitting for government-proctored national exams, regulatory processes, or any other efforts that support the school’s overall academic success, strength and sustainability
- Design the arc of visual, auditory and experiential touch points that reinforce school culture and cultivate a productive, safe, joyful learning environment.
- Design school procedures and systems to promote learning.
- Conduct research, piloting ideas and tools, iterating, and refining products or ideas before larger scale dissemination.
- Lead on planning and communication for the roll-out of any change or improvement to school culture or systems. A roll out involves small scale piloting and iteration before larger scale implementation and change management (which may involve different territories, departments or Groups). This will require some international travel throughout the year.
- Collaborate with the Regional Schools Director and Leadership and Development team to build the capacity of Regional Managers and Supervisors, school leaders and teachers in succeeding with the help of their daily schedule, coaching or other tools
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team in auditing and collecting data, verifying the success and implementation of any schedules, calendars and tools
- Formulate a way in which we can monitor the status of school management, school culture on an on-going basis.
- Other duties as assigned
You Should Have
- Experience managing principals
- Record of success in leading adults; prior experience with direct management and supervision in a network of high performing schools
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Excellent analytical skills and ease with navigating, summarizing large data sets (Excel, Stata, R, SPSS all acceptable)
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong belief that individuals thrive and succeed under structure; that we’re not taking away autonomy but setting individuals up to succeed
- Ability to take feedback positively and turn it into quick improvement
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior management, as needed
- Flexible and able to multi-task coupled with the ability to set priorities and follow through with results
- A combination of confidence and humility
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree
- Teaching experience in a high performing school with a track record for strong school culture and learning outcomes
- Experience in a leadership position at a school