Purpose of Role
The ES Officer: Entrepreneurship will be responsible to support the DREAMS Economic Strengthening project and ensure out-of- school adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 20 to 24 years are linked to self-employment opportunities. The DREAMS project is an HIV prevention program and FHI 360 is supporting the South African DREAMS project with economic strengthening activities. As part of this project, out-of-school adolescent girls and young women need to be linked with concrete employment, entrepreneurial, internship, learnership or higher education opportunities.
The ES Officer: Entrepreneurship will report to the ES Provincial Manager, in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) DREAMS project. S/he will work closely with the Provincial ES Managers to identify linkage opportunities, drive linkage processes, and track and report ongoing opportunity linkages. S/he will be responsible for representing CDS in relevant DREAMS and stakeholder meetings. To be successful in this role, the incumbents will be required to travel within South Africa to fulfil the requirements for effective implementation of CDS programmatic goals for the DREAMS project
Linking AGYW to entrepreneurial and self-employment/ income opportunities
- Identify available small business and entrepreneurial support opportunities for AGYW
- Identify AGYWs and match their small business needs to existing entrepreneurial support and ecosystem
- Link the AGYW to specific small business and entrepreneurial development opportunities such as training, mentorship, advice as well as market and financial access
- Establish and maintain provincial, district and local stakeholder relationships with SMME and entrepreneurial development support organizations, partners and the private sector
Communication and coordination
- Support the DREAMS ES team to track and effectively coordinate AGYW entrepreneurial support and related training programs
- Advise DREAMS ES Provincial Manager and senior leadership on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding DREAMS ES implementation and target achievement.
- Collaborate with the data analyst and SI Officer on performance results analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Undertake periodic data-driven program reviews and troubleshooting as necessary
- Collaborate with SI Officer on closing of identified data irregularities and gaps
Linkages, target tracking, progress review and reporting
- Report on progress, issues, challenges, and local risk management.
- Compile routine and ad hoc reports for DREAMS ES Provincial Manager.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative progress reports.
- Track, analyze and manage periodic target achievements, AGYW linkage opportunities and curricula rollout on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g., trackers, work plans, agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
- Work with the MER unit to track program implementation and routinely review, evaluate, and strengthen program implementation.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in economics, entrepreneurship, developmental sciences, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of youth economic strengthening programs.
- Experiences in SMME development and private sector stakeholder management.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other local languages including excellent presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Well-developed computer skills, with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suites.
- Valid South African driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work in South Africa.