Lutheran World Federation , South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Education Coordinator – Ruweng Special Administrative Area, is responsible for the overall supervision and management of all LWF Education programs in Ruweng Special Administrative Area (part of former Unity State).
The position entails overall responsibility for the effective and efficient management and implementation of education activities and maintain documentation in accordance with established LWF South Sudan guidelines and procedures
- Master’s degree in Education or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of five years’ international experience managing complex development and humanitarian projects with many staff in a reputable international organization.
- Professional experience in diverse geographical locations preferred.
- Confident, eloquent and organized, as the education team will rely on his/her leadership during times of high pressure and competing priorities.
- Adequate experience in developing, resourcing and leading large budget, complex projects spanning multiple technical specialties.
- Knowledge of and experience with UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, SIDA, BPRM, ECW, and LWF World Service related agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence peer agencies, local government and community leaders to work effectively towards a common and agreed upon result.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement best practices and processes affecting multiple technical specialties to achieve rapid, consistent and high quality outcomes.
- Awareness of the general political, economic and development dynamics of the region. Strong organizational and management skills.
- Excellent team work and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in training facilitation, conducting assessment, baselines and evaluations using participatory methodologies, data analysis and interpretation.
- Practical skills in writing concept notes, and proposals and reports to donors.
- Sound understanding of SPEHRE, CHS (Common Humanitarian Standard), INNEE and the Code of Conduct.
- Practical experience in protection and safeguarding.
- Computer literacy with full knowledge of office applications, internet and email.
- Commitment to train national staff and communities to increase their capacity for self-help and development.