Education in Emergencies Program Manager
Save the Children , Vanuatu
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Your chance to shake it up. We are forever adapting in order to provide the greatest level of impact where it is needed the most. Questioning processes from the bottom to the top, you will seek to develop the optimum strategy to support the advancement of our high-quality Education programs. Your inspiring leadership style will see your motivated teams meet ambitious targets and provide long term benefits for the region.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
- We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
- In this maximum-term position, based in Port Vila you will lead ou r Education in Emergencies program – newly implemented by the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) in partnership with Save the Children. You will provide strategic analysis, program management and operational support of all program requirements. You will be accountable to the MoET SMT team and have dual reporting to Save the Children and the Global Partnership for Education Grant Agent.
You will make an impact by:
- Leading and build a high performing program management team
- Timely delivery and quality output for the program
- Ensuring that the program is effectively designed, budgeted, implemented and monitored
- Seeking continuous development of the Education in Emergencies program portfolio
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with donors and stakeholders within the program
If we could compose the perfect you
Your experience in project management roles, knowledge of the Vanuatu community and culture and a creative approach to strategy will see the delivery of the program ensuring it performs to the highest standard. You have good negotiation and problem-solving skills. You have a positive relationship with finance and monitoring. You are self-motivated, flexible and driven to see results.
This role requires:
- Tertiary qualification/s in relevant and related discipline
- Exceptional project management skills and experience
- Strong financial understanding
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills (inc. report writing).