Norwegian Refugee Council, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Education Specialist position is technical development of the Education Programme, strategic direction, and quality assurance. He/she is also responsible for implementing the strategy and performing quality control. The Education Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training, capacity building of staff on technical capacity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop the Education strategy and provide technical guidance.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposals, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends in technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education Programme, and ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in the programme and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build the capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant fora/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Receive the referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and take proper actions to ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC’s referral’s SOPs.
- Develop, support and guide NRC’s education projects in Lebanon including non-formal education and system strengthening.
- Liaise and follow-up with government interlocutors on existing and future collaborations and projects.
- Assist and support needs assessments and plan response to new emergencies.
- Lead on the Education CC strategic programme planning, resource mobilization (including leading on fundraising for the Education programme).
- Adapt the programme to the changing context, including the COVID-19 outbreak, as necessary throughout the project and programme life cycles.
- Support the harmonization and consistency across education projects implemented in the field offices.
- Ensure technical quality and innovation of the Education programme including strategic oversight in the technical direction, programmatic learning objectives, M&E tools, etc., and in seeking synergies with other programmes and projects.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the Head of Operations, Area Managers, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators in the field.
- Evaluate, review and ensure quality control of ongoing and completed Education projects.
- Bachelor degree in any related field
- Minimum 6 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/recovery context having worked on education in the past year in the context of COVID-19.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Donor knowledge and experience: ECHO, ECW, KFW, AFD and others
- Knowledge of Lebanon context and response is a plus
- Knowledge of Arabic language is a strong advantage
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change