The purpose of the position of Technical Assistant - Education is to support daily the implementation actions of the Education project in the Northeast area of Colombia.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, manuals, and guidelines.
- Support with the implementation of the project portfolio according to the action plan.
- Implement procedures and activities indistinctly within the function or basic competence as delegated.
- Responsible for the organization and execution of tasks according to priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the area of work specialization in which technical assistance and support is provided, in order to be more effective in supporting the team.
- Initiative in solving everyday problems in accordance with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the work area.
- Prepare and develop status reports required by management.
- Ensure proper archiving of documents.
- Promote and share ideas to strengthen the functions of your role.
- Develop workshops or training process, in the field according to the activities coordinated in the planning of the projects.
- Management of databases of beneficiaries of the Education in Nororiente program.
- Support the production of reports on the beneficiaries served and the services delivered.
- Accompany the design and planning of strategies, protocols or routes for the emergency education response given by NRC.
- Accompany the prioritization of the areas and beneficiaries served in the projects.
- Develop the pedagogical strategies of the emergency education response given by NRC applying it directly to the selected beneficiaries.
- Support the processes of continuous improvement of the quality of the information.
- Analyze the information collected and prepare the pertinent reports in the requested times.
- Plan and develop humanitarian delivery processes within the framework of emergency education (kits, cash, materials, etc.).
- Accompany the tutors or facilitators in the implementation of the Pedagogical strategies of Education in Emergencies guided by NRC.
- Ensure the development of the logistical, administrative and security procedures that are required for the development of the activities under its charge.
- Apply instruments for assessing the impacts generated in the activities carried out by NRC.
- In coordination with the Education Officer or Program Management, accompany, when required, Institutional spaces.
- Support the Education Officer, when required, in pedagogical and methodological aspects of education and emergency response projects.
- Participate in the processes of community or inter-program projects, with the application and development of agreed activities.
- Participate in the NRC PCM routines and education program.
- The others assigned by the supervisor for the fulfillment of the objective of the position.
University degree in Education, Degree in any branch of Education or Professional in branches of Social Sciences (Psychologist, Social Worker, Anthropologist, etc ...)
General professional skills :
- Work experience as an Assistant in humanitarian aid contexts.
- Knowledge and experience within the technical field and ideally a relevant professional qualification.
- Previous work experience in complex and changing contexts.
- Verifiable experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Some knowledge of the English language.
Context specific skills, knowledge and experience :
- Experience in field work, accompanying the population affected by educational emergencies.
- Experience in developing topics related to Education in emergencies (healthy environments, mine risk education, self-care, school reinforcement, flexible educational models, etc.).
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework: INEE standards, Sphere Project, Risk management in the education sector.
- Proven experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Experience in direct work with children, adolescents and / or young people in teaching-learning processes.
- Excellent oral and written expression skills.
- Skills to manage information.
- Teamwork skills.