Electrical / Mechanical Engineer
UNV, Goma, Congo
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Field Engineering Officer / Chief of Unit person the duties of the Electrical/Mechanical Engineer will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of electrical projects documents including diagrams, sketches, calculation of requirements, bill of quantities, specifications and estimations related to the electrical and HVAC projects.
- Monitoring on site the installation of new electrical networks and systems and maintenance of existing systems by guiding, instructing and clarifying doubts to contractors, manpower, subcontractors involved in the implementation.
- Preparation of monitoring reports and reporting tools of the progress of electrical tasks on sites.
- Coordinate the above-mentioned electrical tasks with other construction works and other engineers included in the project.
- Ensure that the works meet the electrical, safety and environmental standards in accordance with international codes and regulations;
- Install and carry out scheduled periodic and emergency maintenance services on submersible and centrifugal pump stations, motors, AMF (Automatic Mains Failure) panels, lifts, car washers, water filtration and purification plants, alternators and generator control panels, generators, ACs, HVAC installation systems;
- Carry out scheduled periodic and emergency maintenance services on all overhead, underground and buildings electrical installations and equipment;
- Analyze and correct distortion on loads;
- Perform surveys and prepare technical reports; design and prepare drawing of electrical installations;
- Prepare material specifications for the purpose of raising requisitions of materials; ensure that minimum stock levels are maintained at all times;
- Assist other units such as Water and Sanitation, Operations, Infrastructure, etc. when required; Liaise frequently with the Building Maintenance Unit Supervisor;
- When working with national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs), the incumbent is strongly encouraged to set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training;
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Advanced University Degree (Master's or equivalent) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering;
- An additional 2 years of relevant work experience in combination with a relevant first university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) may substitute for the requirement for a Master’s degree.
60 Months Experience remark:
- At least 5 year experience in development and implementation on site of electrical and HVAC projects .
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge