United Nations Volunteers, Mexico
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
The location of this position is Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
Within the framework of the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of the Child Protection Area or her designated representative , the UN Volunteer will carry out the following tasks:
- Monitor the situation of children and adolescents (NNA) under the Protocol for the Protection of Migrants (MPP), as well as other migrant children and adolescents, particularly the unaccompanied, in Ciudad Juárez and the surrounding areas, as appropriate necessary.
- Coordinate the UNICEF response regarding the MPP and migrant population in Ciudad Juarez.
- Provide guidance to the UNICEF protection team in Ciudad Juarez for the effective deployment of the response, ensuring the coherence of interventions, as well as supervision and monitoring.
- In coordination with the Head of Protection and the Deputy Representative, define the medium-term support strategy, which focuses on capacity building, the implementation of the Protection Route for NNAs in a situation of Migration, and the implementation of the Alternative Care.
- Promote and maintain close coordination with authorities, members of civil society, with other UN agencies (IOM and UNHCR), identifying needs, strategically adapting the response and ensuring good collaboration.
- Attend inter-institutional meetings with government partners, international organizations and civil society organizations on the situation of children under the MPP and migrants.
- Strengthen UNICEF coordination with protection authorities, as well as with care service providers in Mexico, in case girls, boys and adolescents require it.
- Maintain regular communication with the Protection team to ensure strategic orientation.
- Each week participate in a virtual meeting with the UNICEF emergency team to provide an update on the situation on the ground and obtain guidance.
- Any other activity that is required or assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in law, immigration studies, human rights;
- Required experience: 60 Months
- Spanish (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Mandatory), Level - Fluent