“Indignant at the injustice experienced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a united and inclusive world, where all differences enrich us and where everyone can live on their own. "
The Handicap International network changes its name to" World & Inclusion ".
HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and bears witness, to meet their essential needs, to improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Present in 63 countries, HI implements activities in the service of vulnerable populations, refugee, displaced and disaster-stricken populations, victims of injuries and populations exposed to the danger of weapons, ammunition and explosive devices.
HI is committed to an employment policy in favor of disabled workers.
- HI's Operations Department (DO) is structured around 5 Geographical Departments, 4 Technical Departments, 1 Atlas Logistics Department and 1 Emergency Department.
- The Emergency Department is made up of 15 people, divided into 2 teams:
- A team in support of emergency responses, in direct monitoring from headquarters and / or in the field (emergency pool) or in support of the geographic departments.
- A team in charge of humanitarian watch, emergency preparedness and emergency operational support.
- The Emergency Department is seeking to recruit an emergency alert and preparation officer, in order to support the field programs and the Headquarters Geographical Departments to anticipate and identify the humanitarian needs in their areas of intervention, to identify and organize their emergency response capacities in order to be able to set up efficient and qualitative emergency operations in a more autonomous manner.
Under the responsibility of the Director of Emergencies, your responsibilities are as follows:
Watch and Alert
- Support the headquarters and field teams to develop a humanitarian watch and alert capacity;
- Ensure context and contingency monitoring in prioritized contexts;
- Ensure the effectiveness of the alert process in its geographical area, in conjunction with all the employees involved;
- Contribute to the implementation of the watch and alert strategy;
- Supervise the production of thematic analysis content in its geographical area.
- Based on the training framework and the existing toolbox, ensure the capacity of the headquarters and field teams to put in place emergency responses;
- Contribute to the improvement of emergency preparedness tools and the formalization of processes.
- Conduct “emergency preparedness” workshops, and support the development and implementation of emergency preparedness and response plans;
- Facilitate the integration of the response to emergencies in IH programming in the field through support for the drafting of Country Operational Strategies (Stratop-Action Plan);
Operational support for emergency responses
- Support geographic departments and field teams in the diagnosis, sizing and deployment of humanitarian responses;
- Promote internal headquarters / field coordination in the launch and implementation of emergency responses
- Participate in evaluation work and continuous learning on emergency response within the organization
- Participate in resource briefing / debriefing human present / deployed during emergency responses;
- Ensure the active participation of HI in the Start Network mechanism in its area of intervention;
- Contribute to the management's fund files in the field of emergency preparedness and response.
- Contribute to the transversal files of other departments of the organization.
- Ensure the participation of HI in multi-agency coordination mechanisms on subjects related to monitoring, preparation and response to emergencies.
- General training in management and project management, in the field of international solidarity, you have at least 2 years of experience as an operational coordinator or field coordinator on emergency programs.
- You coordinated and / or supervised diagnostics and emergency responses in the field.
- You have experience in training and coaching, and you are comfortable in the long-distance relationship.
- You have a good understanding of security and operational issues in a highly insecure context. Field security management experience is a plus.
- Experience in functional management is strongly recommended.
- Ideally, you have worked on development and nexus contexts.
- Professional experience in emergency preparedness and disaster risk management is a plus.
- Your assets ? your ability to support change, your sense of pedagogy and your strong analytical and formalization skills.
- You are fluent in English and French (written and oral), fluency in Spanish is strongly recommended