ERP Business Analyst - Human Resources Functional Stream
United Nations Population Fund, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
UNFPA is implementing a new Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system that will fully support the needs of the Fund and enable the effective management of human, financial and physical resources through a cloud based digital platform. The ERP implementation project has a defined 2-year implementation timeframe. The new system will cover the core business areas of finance, procurement, inventory management, grant management and human resources, and support the budgeting and programming processes. To support the functional team, to ensure the tight delivery schedule is respected and the project objectives achieved UNFPA is seeking to hire an external specialist for the role of the ERP Business Analyst Finance and Budget, reporting to the Functional Stream Lead.
Under the direct supervision of the Functional Stream Lead, the selected candidate will support and, when needed, lead the following activities:
- Business Process Re-engineering. In close collaboration with business representatives, prepares the transition from “As is” into “To be” compliant model for key processes through:
- Assessment and analysis of the current functional processes and practices;
- Provision of expert advice and recommendations on the functionality of the ERP platform within the scope and filling the identified requirements gaps;
- Analysis of current business processes, and offering solutions to modify them to fit into the new “To be” model (with an emphasis on leveraging delivered processes), and provision of the subject matter expertise for process improvement;
- Validation of developed key “To be” design requirements;
- Contribution to the impact assessment on policies, procedures and internal control framework of the To-be model and support to preparation of updated versions of such documents.
- Requirements and Functional Analysis. To produce ERP requirements specifications to document the behaviour expected by the system and information management needs, using standard or customized components.
- Testing. To support all phases of the testing cycles. From developing test scenarios, scripts and cases to supervising UNFPA’s subject matter experts (SME) in testing activities. If the need arises, the Business Analyst will also step in and perform testing.
- Training. Support the delivery of training materials by providing guidance to the team developing the material. Additionally, you may be called upon to support end user training throughout the UNFPA Areas of Operation. In this regard, you must be able to instruct staff in the new solution configured for UNFPA. Be prepared to write lesson plans to support end user and ERP Support Team training activities.
- Data Migration: The Business Analyst will be assigned tasks to perform during these phases ranging from troubleshooting to resolving unexpected issues within your areas of ERP competency. A non-exhaustive list of such tasks contains: data quality analysis, data validation and creation of related tools, support to data migration mock load and analysis, definition of success criteria, etc.
- Cutover, Go Live, and Post Go Live Support. The Business Analyst will be assigned tasks to perform during these phases ranging from troubleshooting to resolving unexpected issues within your areas of ERP competency. Regardless of the task assigned you will be expected to demonstrate a willingness to work outside your professional comfort zone and deliver.
- Building Relationships. Maintain and promote professional and cordial relationships with project stakeholders, sponsors and interest groups. Provide expert advice and support to inter and intra Fund engagements. Represent UNFPA’s interests in a professional manner mindful of the prevailing societal, political, environmental, technological and cultural sensitivities.
- Programme Plans review
- Progress reports
- Documents to support the Solution Development Lifecycle (SDLC) checkpoints
- ERP project deliverables
Required Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in computer science, engineering, management of information systems or a related discipline covering your functional area;
- PMP or equivalent project management professional certification will be an asset;
- Business Analysis professional certification will be an asset;
- At least 6 years of experience in ERP projects in the roles as defined above;
- Minimum 2 large-scale ERP projects performing a similar or higher project management role; with a strong preference for Cloud ERP implementation;
- Deep knowledge and experience in Human Resources business domain, including talent management, recruiting, staff administration;
- Work experience in the UN system will be an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the administrative systems utilized by the United Nations is desirable;
- Vendor Management experience is desirable;
- English as working language, should demonstrate fluency in both oral and written communication