Ex Ante Impact Specialist
CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties of this position include:
- Develop and implement a global strategic research agenda around the ex ante impacts of maize and wheat innovations for CIMMYT and associated MAIZE and WHEAT programs.
- Assess the ex ante impacts of selected promising maize and wheat innovations, particularly improved germplasm and sustainable intensification practices.
- Develop and use applied ex ante analysis tools to help assess the likely impacts of selected current and future maize and wheat innovations, including multidimensional (social, economic and environmental) impacts and spatial, temporal and distributional implications.
- Translate findings into R4D priorities and implications to maximize the likely impact of CIMMYT, MAIZE and WHEAT.
- Strengthen the impact culture within CIMMYT, MAIZE and WHEAT through better articulation of ex ante impacts and implications of the R4D portfolio.
- Contribute to build up the associated funding base.
- Publish findings in international peer reviewed journals.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- PhD in social sciences (e.g. agricultural/development economics) or a related field from a recognized institution.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, preferably around ex ante impact research and the development and use of one or more associated tools/models and processes.
- Good partnership and interpersonal skills and team player, including ability to work with different nationalities, disciplines and educational levels, as a member of a diverse work team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A high degree of personal organization and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Established publication record in international peer-reviewed journals.
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 3 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
- CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
- To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: email@example.com / Please indicate position reference number: 15816 in the header of your email). Screening and follow up of applications will start on Friday, 10 April 2015. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.