The Executive Assistant will provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Principal Director, DOC. He or she will also support the knowledge dissemination activities; records management, internal coordination, and other clerical functions in DOC’s front office, DCOD.
The incumbent will report to the Principal Director, DOC and senior National Staff.
- Provides timely, effective, and efficient administrative support to the Principal Director, DOC.
- Coordinates with other Departments, Staff, and clients to ensure the efficient execution of PD, DOC’s meetings and attendance to external events.
- Ensures the timely delivery of administrative and other logistical requirements of PD, DOC for meetings, business travel, missions, and other external events.
Office Administration and Coordination
- Ensures that requests from clients are properly recorded, distributed, and brought to the attention of concerned staff.
- Monitors progress and status of confidential items requiring immediate attention to ensure timely completion of required action.
- Ensures that instructions of PD, DOC are communicated to all concerned staff for proper action and monitors the status of replies.
- Helps in the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to junior administrative staff and administrative assistants.
- Liaises with ADB staff, executing agencies, and donor countries as required.
Internal Communication, Documents Management, Knowledge dissemination
- Supports the efficient handling, review, and approval of incoming and outgoing documents.
- Ensures that the office filing systems and records (both electronic in SharePoint and physical) are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Ensures the timely dissemination of internal and external information within DOC.
- Ensures that relevant and up-to-date documents for DCOD are maintained in SharePoint.
- Monitors department deadlines, deliverables, and follows-up actions from Staff.
Data Analysis and Report Generation
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes relevant information and data to produce standard reports.
- Compiles and prepares briefing/progress reports for supervisor as requested.
- Performs any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong coordination, interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Thorough understanding of and in-depth knowledge of multilateral/bilateral organization’s diverse procedures and operations.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Able to coordinate and multi-task and exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Familiarity in videoconferencing tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with attention to details
- Effective report-writing, editing and communication skills in English
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6