Experimentation Assistant of the UNDP Acceleration Laboratory
United Nations Volunteers, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Experimentation of the Acceleration Lab , the UN Youth National Volunteer will carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute to the design, implementation and analysis of portfolios of experiments carried out as part of the learning cycles of the Laboratory of Acceleration of Guatemala.
- Activities may include support in the organization and preparation of materials for workshops, literature review, development of instruments for data collection, collection and systematization of information, data analysis using R software, reports, among others.
- Any other activity that is required or assigned by the supervisor.
In addition to the above, UN Volunteers are urged to join the UNV mandate within the framework of their assignment and promote voluntary action through community integration in the development of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate part of their working time to one of the following recommended activities:
- Strengthen your knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteering by reading relevant UNV and external publications, as well as playing an active role in UNV activities (for example, events marking International Day of Human Rights). Volunteering);
- Know and develop the traditional and / or local forms of volunteering in the host country;
- Provide annual self-evaluation reports and at the end of the assignment on UNV actions, results and opportunities;
- Contribute articles / critiques of your experiences in the field and submit them to headquarters for inclusion on the website, publications, brochures / newsletters, press releases, etc. of the UNV program;
- Assist with the Mentoring Program for new UN Youth Volunteers;
- Encourage or advise local groups in the use of the UNV Online Volunteering service or promote the use of the service to relevant local individuals and organizations when technically possible.
- Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor's Degree (Bachelor's Degree, Engineering, etc.)
- Required experience: 12 Months
- Interest and / or one-year experience demonstrated in social science research
- Interest and / or experience in data analysis using R software
- Motivated to contribute to peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal skills, communication and networking skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and the ability to adapt to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Spanish (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge