Première Urgence Internationale, Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Field Coordinator ensures that the program and operational activities are being planned and implemented in a qualitative and timely manner. S/he is responsible for immediate security management of PUI teams and assets in the Eastern Region of Afghansitan, as well as for the close monitoring of the context evolution.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Program: S/he is accountable for an efficient planning and implementation of the programs. S/he ensures the smooth coordination between the project teams and support elements. S/he anticipates the risks, recognizes the gaps and challenges that can negatively impact the timely achievement of the designed objectives and results. S/he identifies measures, alternative solutions and innovative approach to address those risks, and upon approval from HoM and Deputy Head of Mission for Programs, ensures implementation of those mitigation plans. S/he ensures that PUI operations in the area of her/his responsibilities remain align with the humanitarian principles, do-no-harm principle and are needs-based.
- Safety and security: In collaboration with the Head of Mission, with support of the Security Focal Points, s/he is responsible for the management of security and safety in the bases.
- Human Resources: S/he supervises all the teams at the base, composed of national and international staff and participates to recruitment, briefing and follow up. With support and in cooperation with HR Coordinator and HR colleagues in the respective bases, s/he plans for the adequate human resources under any given project and reviews the organogram to ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities as well as smooth division of tasks. S/he ensures implementation and adherence to PUI HR regulations, Code of Conducts as well as other critical policies such as Protection against Sexual Exploration and Abuse (PSEA).
- Logistical, administrative and financial support: S/he oversees the logistical, administrative and financial components of the bases for the purpose of program implementation, and ensures compliance with the relevant procedures, with substantive support from the Logistics and Financial Coordinators based in the capital and of their counterparts at base level.
- Representation: In the area of responsibility and by delegation of the HoM, s/he represents PUI with the stakeholders, including provincial authorities, UN agencies and coordination structures, NGOs.
- Coordination: S/he centralizes and disseminates information from/to the sites, and consolidates the internal and external reporting activities implemented in her/his field of operations before submitting them to the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission for Programs and relevant Coordinators.
- Strategy: S/he participates in strategy development and proposes new interventions in function of needs identified in her/his field of operations.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to project management, international development and/or social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the areas of program development, project management, donor reporting and grant compliance;
- Experience in budget and finance management;
- Experience in logistics management;
- Experience in security and safety management;
- Strong team management skills
- Solid project management skills
- Strong skills in analyzing and synthetizing of information, report writing
- Strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, database management software, statistical packages, GIS.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles
- Strong skills in risks management
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong commitment to motivate, support and develop capacity of the teams through mentoring and second-layer leadership
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills – team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload
- Strong anticipation and planning skills
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthesizing comprehensive information and technical data
- Ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure and in qualitative manner
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- General ability to resist stress
- Important organization and rigor skills
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Excellent command in writing and editing documents in English
- Knowledge of Dari/Pashtu is an asset
- Employed with a fixed-term contract
- Monthly gross income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance: including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Housing: in collective accommodation