Field Extension Officers
Closing Date for Applications:
The main responsibilities of the FEO are:
- Facilitate and support the DCA Project Officer in the day-to-day implementation of Agri-extension services and Agri-business development; and financial inclusion and organisational capacity development through effective mobilisation, field-training support, and supervision of lead farmers.
- Support in the review and development of training materials and modules for food security, livelihoods and resilience initiatives
- Lead in the routine day to day monitoring and data management actions including filing of project data, routine data collection, analysis and updating of relevant project statistics
- Prepare weekly action plans and project progress reports to the project officers and project manager
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor
- Technical level education in agricultural extension, climate smart farming technologies or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical skills and hands on experience in climate smart agro-extension services, financial inclusion work, agri-business support and organisational capacity development
- Having worked for an MFI or as an Agricultural Extension worker is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.