World Vision, Mali
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Position:
Monitor project activities relating to cash transfer and distribution of cash, distribution of food with optimal use of the LMMS system and monitoring of post distribution activities in the project implementation area for the well - being of children, families and children. Communities.
Main Responsibilities :
- Participate in community outreach at the start of the project and during implementation according to labor standards and in accordance with the project proposal and other existing government regulations.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate selection of Food Distribution Beneficiaries in accordance with accepted standard criteria with minimum or no inclusion and exclusion errors.
- Ensure proper enrollment using LMMS technology of all beneficiary households that will receive food.
- Ensure that documentation of commodity transactions is maintained qualitatively, commodity requests are made on time and regularly submit reports to FAIROs or any supervisor who requests them.
- Produce accurate monthly food distribution plans with lists of beneficiaries who are to be used to receive food.
- Monitor mobilization and distribution activities including verification of beneficiary lists to all FDPs during or after project implementation and ensure they are up to date according to the registered number of participants.
- Ensure accurate generation of final cash / food distribution lists using LMMS produced by capturing information at the distribution site.
- Monitor all disaster risk reduction activities such as trainings and the development of community disaster preparedness plans.
- Track community complaints and ensure that the M&E (Monitoring and Evaluation) agent is informed on time.
- Produce and Submit monthly narrative reports and data reports in accordance with the WV Partnership / FPMG Manual to line supervisor and on time recommended.
- Train and organize Food / Cash Management committees and ensure better committee participation during FDP distribution sessions.
- Other skills / attributes
- Perform any other task as requested by the supervisor
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience
Minimum qualification required :
- An A2 diploma or equivalent Certificate in Economics, Finance Accounting, Social Science or Management
- Experience: have a minimum of two years of field experience
- Preferably: Experience in humanitarian work, preferably in food and cash distribution. Accurate and timely monitoring and evaluation of food and non-food transactions.
Technical skills and abilities:
- Being able to work in a team.
- Must have a motorcycle driver's license.
- Must be willing to work and live in a demanding / challenging environment.
- Experience gained in working with NGOs and particularly with World Vision would be an advantage.
- Be familiar with the different ministries in Mali and especially with the food security work system.
- Great listening skills and the ability to observe and analyze complex situations.
- Computer skills (Ms Word, Ms Excel, etc.) would be an added advantage
- Ability to speak, read and write French and English