Field Research Assistant (FRA) (8 posts) with the Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Research Group under the Centre for HIV and AIDS
icddr,b, CHIV field site, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- Project implementation: Receive project assignment from Field Research Officer; Attend training conducted by Field Research Officer (FRO) / Investigators to understand project scope, mapping and questionnaire, survey methodology, timelines, target groups and areas etc.; Visit field sites as per plan prepared by Field Research Officer; Collect demographics and HIV risk behavioral information from the study population, as understood from project scope; Determine adequate availability and representation of target population groups according to the study criteria; Select random sample from target population; Administer the survey to random sample; Build up rapport with respondents to participate in the study and completion of questionnaire and saliva testing; Assist counselor at field site for sample collection and interview conduction; Recheck data before submitting to and seek FRO's guidance to resolve issues in interacting with respondents and collecting data; Submit data collected to FRO regularly in order to support research conduction on time;
- Team support: Check completed questionnaires of other FRAs to find out inconsistencies. Train new FRAs in study methods; Demonstrate team members in conduction interviews; Observe team members while they conduct interviews; Intervene to assist and moderate the interview when such field situation arises, if required; Provide feedback to individual team members on their interviewing skills; Share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and Relevant Experience:
- Graduate in any discipline;
- 1 year of experience in field research.
Functional Competencies: Knowledge of
- Data Collection Methods;
- Ethical Guidelines.
- Can maintain collegiality in the work place;
- Can foster partnerships;
- Able to communicate effectively;
- Must have innovative thinking skill;
- Able to execute for results;
- Able to adopt with continuous learning.
- icddr,b is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. All the tests and interview will be held in Dhaka.
- Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: https://centre.icddrb.org/recruitment/jobList.jsp by 10 January 2015. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.