Field Research Officer (FRO) with the Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Research Group under the Centre for HIV and AIDS
icddr,b, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- Project implementation: Understand research protocol and data collection techniques from Research Investigator; Provide instruction and guidance to field staff during data collection; Prepare and execute duty roster for field staff; Visit field on a regular basis for data collection monitoring; collect data using qualitative tools at field sites; Organize meetings with concerned authorities (e.g. Government and Non government organizations, community based organizations, community leaders, community members, etc) to make an enabling environment for smooth conduction of the study; Trouble shoot any problem in the field as and when required; Receive filled out questionnaires from field staff; Check data for accuracy; Send filled out questionnaires to central office in icddr,b in order to ensure effective implementation of the study project;
- Project administration: Coordinate with the laboratory team to ensure required logistic supply in the field site; Coordinate with CSU and Matlab administration team as applicable, Maintain effective liaison with the NGOs, CBOs, PRs and other relevant authorities in order to support project execution;
- Scientific Analysis and Knowledge Creation: Jointly work with the researchers on analyzing qualitative research data; Prepare draft descriptive reports and share ideas with the researchers; Provide input during project report writing; Provide inputs to supervisor for creating presentations in order to contribute to the creation and dissemination of knowledge;
- People management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members; Address and resolve any diversity related issues, if any; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b etc) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and Relevant Experience:
- Masters in any discipline preferably in Social Science;
- Minimum 2 years experience in supervising field research. However, preference will be given to those who have experience in field research for key affected population groups (e.g. males having sex with males, male sex workers, hijra, drug users, etc) for HIV.
Functional Competencies: Knowledge of
- Data Collection Methods;
- Ethical Guidelines;
- Computer Operations (MS Office).
- Can maintain collegiality in the work place;
- Can foster partnerships;
- Able to communicate effectively;
- Must have innovative thinking skill;
- Able to execute for results;
- Able to adopt with continuous learning
- Can nurture talents.
- icddr,b is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. All the tests and interview will be held in Dhaka.
- Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: https://centre.icddrb.org/recruitment/jobList.jsp by 10 January 2015. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
To Apply Visit