World Bank, Chennai, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
- Description for Finance Analyst in FIFDA, DFTPR
- The Development Finance Vice-Presidency (DFi) is responsible for the management and monitoring of policies, procedures, and resources for the World Bank’s development financing vehicles. DFi sets the policy framework for the World Bank Group’s development finance by engaging in strategic resource mobilization, playing an intermediation role to help align the needs of recipients, WBG institutional priorities, and priorities of funding partners, through a variety of funding instruments. These include the International Development Association (IDA), the World Bank’s fund for the poorest, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and Trust Funds (TFs), including Financial Intermediary Funds (FIFs).
- Within DFi, Development Finance Trust Funds and Partner Relations (DFTPR) Department is at the forefront of the Bank’s engagement in Trust Funds, FIFs and Partnerships. The Department is responsible for managing and administering the Bank’s US$40 billion (June 2021) portfolio of Trust Funds and FIFs, designing and establishing new, multi-donor partnership initiatives underpinned by Trust Funds and FIFs, and setting the policy and procedural framework for Trust Funds, FIFs and Partnerships in a manner they complement IDA and IBRD.
- Located within the DFTPR Department, the Financial Intermediary Funds, Digital Solutions and Analytics (FIFDA) is responsible for providing policy advice, management of donor relations, portfolio monitoring, financial and investment management for 27 Financial Intermediary Funds (FIFs). FIFDA’s mandate includes leading the digital deliverables to support External Funds, and production of TF Annual Report, delivery of value-added analytics for FIFs, TFs, co-financing and aid architecture.
- FIFDA seeks a Finance Analyst (Level GE) who will be a member of the analytics team, and will contribute to a transformative business analytics ranging from the aid architecture analysis, value-added analytics for the external funds portfolio, co-financing operations, including digital deliverables.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Finance Analyst will work as part of a team of professionals of the Financial Intermediary Funds, Digital Solutions and Analytics (FIFDA) based in Chennai, India.
- Support FIFDA Unit’s trusteeship responsibilities on FIFs, working closely with WBG units, etc. This work includes:
- Accurate and timely initiation and recording of business events related to DFTPR’s trusteeship in SAP/STAR;
- Support the preparation of management/business reports and analytics for DFTPR and flagship products like the Trust Fund Annual Report, Portfolio at-a-Glance Reports, etc.
- Undertake financial analysis, prepare reports, and support DFTPR’s presentations to senior management, external governing bodies/donors, the Board, other multilateral development banks (MDBs), etc.
- Conduct, as needed, research and analysis on the development aid architecture.
- Independently, as well as, a core team member provides value-added analytics by applying the latest analytical and digital tools and platforms.
- Contribute towards effective and timely financial management and operations in compliance with Donor Agreements, Financial Procedure Agreements and other legal documents.
- Within the SAP framework, takes initiative to improve process and approaches, demonstrating adaptability to changing priorities and demonstrating innovative technical leadership.
- Undertake other financial, digital and portfolio analytics activities as needed.
- Contribute FIFDA’s endeavors to improve efficiencies in business processes and digital tools by digitizing and automation of reports and analysis for delivering FIFDA’s mandate.
- Support the preparation of high-quality briefings and communications to WB Management and external stakeholders.
- Support the digital solutions team in enhancing the digital platforms as well as developing new reporting tools and platforms.
- Other tasks as instructed by Manager of FIFDA.
- • Master’s degree(s) in Business, Finance, and/or Economics, and at least two years of experience, with strong ability to carry out financial analysis for DFTPR’s trustee operations, Trust Funds, Financial Intermediary Funds and co-financing.
- • Business judgment and analytical decision making: Proven technical and analytical skills of financial and operational data, and strong ability to gather information, analysis and reporting to support sound business judgement and decisions. Strong attention to details while keeping the big picture in focus.
- • Knowledge: Proven skills and knowledge of the latest digital tools and platform. Good understanding of operational and financial structure of trust funds, financial intermediary funds and co-financing. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Bank’s operational policies, processes and procedures, preferably with prior experience in issues related to finance.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English. Ability to communicate ideas effectively and present information in a clear and organized manner.
- Committed to work in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter. Possess diplomatic and strong interpersonal skills.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs. Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests.
Drive for Results:
- Take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization skills to do so. Ability and desire to meet tight deadlines.