IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Under IFC 3.0 realignment, the Budget and Business Administration Department (CBA) comprises the IFC Reports & Analytics, Facility & Administration functions as well as Finance and Strategic Partnerships (CBAFP) comprising IFC’s Budget and Finance Network supporting its operations and corporate clients.
The Finance and Budget Unit of the Western Europe Region (CBAWE) is responsible for work program planning, budgeting, budget & financial reporting and resource management, and internal controls for all Western Europe (WE) Region offices. Overall, CBAWE ensures that each Country Office and Departments that have a presence in WE maintain cost efficiency and controls over all financial transactions and provides support for effective management of resources.
The Finance Analyst will work under the guidance of the Regional Finance Controller. The individual will hold regional finance and budget responsibilities, including financial accounting, accounts payable function, budgeting, monitoring and reporting of Centralized overheads and Departmental/Country manager budgets, prepare various analytics related to the functional areas and support Regional Finance Controller in maintaining internal controls of the region.
Role & Responsibilities:
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Support the Regional Finance Controller on the Western Europe (WE) regional budget formulation for Total Resources
- In partnership with the Human Resources function and the Budget Network, prepare staffing needs projections and respective budget requirements for the region.
- Support WE Country Based Budgeting including critical financial analyses
- Support RFC in developing forward‐looking CO Overhead administrative budget plans for the region. Monitor, review and report on budget utilization and spending consolidation.
- Support analysis of financial sustainability, including providing consistently reliable expense forecasts and monitoring.
- Work closely with Facilities Management on finance-related matters for Western Europe
- Ensure accurate information is reflected for unit staffing and budget forecasts in the Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) system.
- Monitor World Bank Group travel policy compliance, lead on expenditure review actions and follow-up.
- Review expenses periodically and determine non-eligible expenses for reposting to appropriate sources of funds
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as requested or proactively as may deem useful to clients.
- Support new and/or special initiatives for the Department by serving as an advisor to teams, facilitating internal consultations and providing analysis of risks and related mitigating factors in areas of expertise.
- Provide analytical support for all Development Partner-related Trust Fund activities in the region.
- Manage year-end financial processes, including accounting for accruals.
- Work with Regional Director, Heads of Office and Finance Controller to ensure strong control environment in the region, providing advice on control issues.
- Ensure that audit and quality assurance review recommendations are implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Finance Controller and/or Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics with at least 5 years of working experience.
- Recognized professional accreditation (CPA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) is a plus.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, financial accounting reporting, and cost allocations.
- Diligence and strong attention to details.
- Working knowledge of Imprest Accounting related SAP processes and transactions.
- Prior implementation experience on Global efficiency projects (ex. GPP, GTC) is an advantage
- Planning and budgeting skills proved by experience: able to produce standard activity and unit-level reports and budgets using inputs from senior staff or operational management, and to provide solid analysis of budget information.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information and clearly and concisely communicate results. Good data mining skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Package. Advanced Excel skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written or oral form.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent fluency to communicate verbally and in writing in English.