PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Finance Analyst for SO Business Support and Analysis works across a variety of stakeholders within the organization to provide accounting and financial advisory, research, consulting and support that inform decision making and policy development/enhancement, and support financial management of the Support Office he/she is assigned to.
To meet this end, this position prepares, and design specialized, complex or large data financial reports using the PowerBI platform. Using this information, this position analyses the data, reviews the project finances of the support office, and makes recommendations for improvement in the area of financial control as well as using financial analysis to identify potential risks, and provide management support in decision making and planning.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare and develop financial reports and analysis, and collaborate with stakeholders to arrive at the desired outcome
- Consolidate, review and identify the financial information using PowerBI to prepare financial reports and perform analysis required by the Support Office, especially the Operational Finance Team (OF).
- Develop tools, templates and recommend processes necessary to derive the financial information needed to enable OF to make informed decisions.
- Determine and recommend reports and processes necessary to meet the Support Office’s needs.
- Monitor and review the financial performance of field offices and identify risk areas. Address risk appropriately, e.g. burn-rates or budget line deviations, and coordinate with management to mitigate and prevent future risk as needed.
Data and Systems Management:
- Maintain integrity and timeliness of data in various systems and ensure that the data is consistent and accurate across different platforms. Systems include but are not limited to e.g. myPBAS, Horizon, SunSystems, and MS Navision (the SO ERP system).
- Flag issues with incompatible or out of date data sources and ensure data users are presented with relevant understanding pertaining to various stages of data information quality.
- Lead, participate or contribute to ongoing SO processes as required. Some of these include the following:
- GL reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Carry Forwards: Assist and oftentimes initiate and lead the year-end carry-forward process in accordance with the agreed policy and ensure accuracy of information and compliance to policy.
- Actively engage in the clean-up of old Carry Forward.
World Food Program:
- check project entries Disaster Management Database and alignment of Match Tracker and contracts accordingly.
- data management in WFP lists to provide an overview and procedures of projects.
- process matches and GIKs; check documents, PBAS commitment, edit UPCs in NAV.
- Continuously improve, develop or provide advice and recommendations in the development of reporting and analytical tools, templates, systems and processes to increase efficiency, accuracy and productivity of reporting and analysis (e.g. automation).
- Clearly and adequately present to stakeholders. Participate and contribute in discussions, conferences or working groups as needed.
- Attend and participate in meetings, team events, devotionals, and conferences that may be assigned.
- Promote World Vision’s values through example and hold self and others accountable for the same across the team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's or University Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Has extensive and advanced knowledge and experience in all areas of finance and accounting, preferably in an international development, non-profit or multinational organization.
- Has advanced knowledge and is highly skilled in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel), Lotus Notes, and finance systems.
- Has average to above average knowledge, skills and experience in PowerBI.
- Has the ability to understand multiple data sources and how they relate to each other.
- Able to work with several functional managers or stakeholders and is able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization (verbally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and critically, self-learn and self-manage, and perform detailed and complex analysis. Has the confidence and competence to identify problems and recommend solutions and best practices.
- Has very strong analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience preferably in an international NGO environment, multilateral organization or an international audit/accounting environment.
- Minimum 6 months experience working on grants.
- Minimum 6 months experience working or supporting people off-shore.
- Has experience in working with people from different levels and functions in the organization.
- Has substantial and successful experience working in a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed work environment and is able to work with several functional managers or stakeholders.
- Fluent in general and business English language - written and verbal.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (preferred but not required).
- Proficient in MS Access, MS Powerpoint and advanced experience/skills in PowerBI, PowerPivot and Power Query.
- Skilled in preparing complex management reports on a timely basis.
- Ability to write and read in Spanish and/or French.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.