Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP is implementing a multi-year project in Iraq to support authorities in their efforts to account for persons missing as a result of armed conflict and violations of human rights.
Based in Baghdad, the successful candidate will provide daily administrative, procurement, logistical and other support services required for the regular functioning of Baghdad office. This is an important position that requires sound administrative and organizational skill.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Mission Support, the incumbent is responsible for the following assigned duties:
- Completing monthly financial accounts and maintaining all financial records/movements including imprest accounting, Duty Trip Requests and cash advance requests;
- Making day to day payments, including payment of office bills, in line with internal ICMP financial regulations; calculate and execute payments relevant to duty travel and other expenses;
- Archive and maintain financial documentation, ensuring that all invoices and receipts are verified and translated into English;
- Managing the day to day procurement of goods and services to facilitate the regular functioning of the Office and overall program activities;
- Assisting in scheduling, planning, coordination and implementation of meetings and other events;
- Maintaining the official contact list of the office;
- Assisting in formatting outgoing correspondence; maintain complete outgoing-incoming filing system; coordinate parallel archiving of documents;
- Maintaining an inventory of assets and assist with procurement activities, in coordination with ICMP HQ; Translating documents and interpreting from English to Arabic and vice versa, as necessary;
- Organizing interviews for prospective candidates and other related human resource tasks as requested;
- Performing other related duties.
- Minimum of secondary school education; university degree preferred;
- Minimum six years of relevant professional experience, previous experience with international organizations is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in finance, administration, human resources, procurement, asset management;
- Professional demeanor, tact, discretion and ability to manage confidential information;
- Competency in administrative and clerical duties;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Previous experience working in an international organization is an asset.
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic, knowledge of Kurdish is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender;
- Willingness to travel and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, when necessary
- Commitment to the underlying objective of assisting the authorities and families of the missing in locating and identifying missing persons in an impartial and transparent manner;
- Capacity and willingness to work in sometimes challenging circumstances and under hardship living conditions.
- This is a full time position with a competitive base salary at the LES 6 level on the ICMP Iraq salary scale, generous paid leave and extensive health insurance benefits for the incumbent and any eligible dependent.
- ICMP is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. ICMP believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a thoroughly diverse range of candidates. ICMP is proud to be part of the International Gender Champions network.