Finance and IT Director
Save the Children International, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) for the Syria Response Office, the Director of Finance and IT shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the response office. The Director of Finance and IT in his/her capacity is responsible for finance administration, fiscal management, financial and grant reporting and IT in a complex humanitarian setting.
Reports to: Syria Response Director
Dimensions: Supports the successful management of the Syria Response office’s program portfolio, approximately $30m USD annually across a program which encompasses both partnership and direct implementation delivered across three distinct area offices.
Staff directly reporting to this post: 3 (with 2 dotted line reports)
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Recommended a minimum of 7 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which 3 years at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization
- Experience with working in an emergency context
- CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word Experience of general administration work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel to Save the Children’s operational areas on a regular basis.