Finance and Resource Mobilization
International Solar Alliance, Gurgaon, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an alliance of 121 countries initiated by India, the primary objective of the alliance is to work for efficient exploitation of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. Vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of prospective ISA member countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
Position: Finance and Resource Mobilization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director, Resource Mobilization/Finance will report directly to the Director-General and lead a team of three (3) professional and several administrative staff members. The Director with be responsible for providing expert advice, developing policies, and leading the Resource Mobilization and fund-raising services, as well as the budget management, for the organization.
- The ISA proposes to engage a Director, Resource Mobilization to lead the fund raising efforts to meet ISA Mandates and funding goals for support to developing countries, for the implementation of solar projects/initiatives
- Resource Mobilization and Fund Raising
- Assisting the DG in mobilizing finance to strengthen ISA's secretariat into a fully functional international organization
- Financial Management: Lead the implementation and further development of ISA's Financial Regulations and Procedures and manage the ISA secretariat's financial resources related matters
- Actions related to Article VI of the Framework Agreement as allocated by the DG. Target based Resource mobilization for the organization.
- Budget Management
- Co-chair for the procurement contracts committee and offer financial concurrence before expenditure is incurred and payments made.
- Any other specific or strategic tasks and other responsibilities assigned by the Director General of ISA
- Provide advice, make presentations to and respond to requests from Member States.
- Supervise and manage the staff of the Service
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Management including Energy Management, Public Administration or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 12 years of professional work experience for P4 level or 15 years for P5 level in the management of financial resources, preparation of organizational budgets and experience in multilateral fund raising activities at a major international organization or an international and/or national NGO is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have between five and seven years of international experience.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage. Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, project management tools and various ERP systems is highly desirable.