World Health Organization, Kathmandu, Nepal
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Objective of the position:
- The purpose of the position is to provide financial support to central Office of the WHO Immunization preventable Disease (WHO-IPD) program. The incumbent will report to the Budget and Finance Associate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES (TOR)
Under the direct supervision of Budget and Finance Associate (BFA) and overall guidance of Medical Officer (MO-EPI) & Team lead IPD, the incumbent performs following duties:
Fiscal due diligence
- Verifies the accuracy and appropriateness statements of expenditures, their supporting documents, travel claims, Fund Replenishment Requests and imprest accounts submitted by Field Offices and implementing partners on completion of contracts.
- Provides support to Administrative and Finance Assistants in IPD field offices and reports any financial irregularities to Budget and Finance Associate.
- Verifies payment requests against bills and documents for supplies and equipment in country activities, travel, accuracy and appropriateness of calculation of per diem and assist BFA to prepare payment instruction.
- Assists BFA in budget estimation of regular office (Central and Field Offices) expenditures including surveillance expenses, processes for VAT refund and processes VAT invoices for payment to GSC and Technical Cluster leads in budget estimation of APW/DFC/DI/IPO etc.
- Maintains and monitors the APW/DFC/DI/IPOs and follow up with concerned agencies for the submission of technical and financial reports. Monitors DI and IPO expenditures, alerts BFA of PO balances and assists BFA to top up/create fresh IPOs or Dis.
- Assists in preparation of routine correspondence relating to bank transfers, approval of APW/DFC/DI/ IPOs for in-country activities, training courses and meetings.
- Assists BFA in training and briefing staff in the Central office and in Field Offices, on the planning and implementation of improved financial control systems and related procedural changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
Completion of higher secondary school education or equivalent. Desirable:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Business Science
- Additional qualifications/trainings in finance would be an asset
- Two years’ experience in finance or similar functions Desirable:
- Experience in International accounting system
- Demonstrated experience in office correspondence would be an asset.
Language: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken language skills in English and Nepali REMUNERATION: Approximately NPR 97,279.00 per month (taxable).