World Vision, Pasig City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will be responsible for performing bank reconciliation and cost allocation data processing, review and analysis. By using data consolidation and reconciliation tools such as SunSystems Bank Reconciliation Manager module, and Cost Allocation PMQA Tools, this position will perform tasks on behalf of the National Offices as part of FRSC’s centralization support for the field.
- Reconcile bank accounts on behalf of national offices using the automated procedures of the Sun6 Bank Reconciliation Manager utility. This includes but is not limited to:
- Directly accessing national offices’ bank statements (thru bank’s online facility) and cash ledger in Sun6.
- Loading all required data in Sun6 and managing the reconciliation of accounts using Bank Recon Manager Facility.
- Extracting all reconciling items in Sun6 using PMQA template.
- Analyzing and monitoring bank reconciling items. This includes close engagement with NOs (and or region) to clear these items.
- Assisting the NOs on the accounting entries needed to clear bank reconciling items.
- Posting of final bank reconciliation reports in the FFR database and communicating with NOs.
- Identify, raise/flag, follow-up and clear differences on the bank account balance and the office’s financial records as part of internal control:
- Prepare and review the Cost Allocation PMQA tools design template on the 1st week of each month.
- Run the Cost Allocation (CAL) review and reconciliation tool and ensure that the control figures are consistent accurate.
- Perform Ledger Import and Ledger Import Validation.
- Run LEH Validation Tool before final posting.
- Run the Cost Allocation Reconciliation Template when necessary.
- Prepare issue logs for all issues encountered during the CAL run period.
- Test and analyze National Office bank accounts and SunSystem financial data to prepare an office to ‘go-live’ on the FRSC BR Centralization.
- Assist the National Office and the lead in implementing Cost Allocation Centralization for each office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledgeable in preparing Bank Reconciliation Reports.
- Keen to details, willing to learn and do routine tasks, willing to extend long hours, as needed.
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounting and Finance.
- At least 1 year experience doing bank reconciliation or working on financial accounting.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- General knowledge of Financial reporting.
- Ability to extract data, retrieve and analyze financial information.
- Possess advance learning of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment & strong analytical / problem solving capabilities.