The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
- Provide administrative or technical support to the finance department. Carries out straight forward tasks under direct supervision and guidance of Finance Manager - Mosul
- Main Responsibilities;
- Perform the duties of Cashier, which includes responsibility for all cash transactions in Mosul office, safe management, and daily cash count and reconciliation
- Prepare documents for payment and ensure supporting documents are submitted according to DRC Operations Handbook
- Organize, file and scan all payment vouchers with related supporting documents when corrected and approved Cash Book has been returned from HQ
- Make bank runs including Bank transfers instructions, cash withdrawals, and collecting/issuing Bank statements and correspondence from the banks
- Updating Dynamics whenever an online payment is processed.
- Making sure documents are attached with online payments
- Responsible for tracking the missing documents during audit and spot checks
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee.
- Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of one year’s experience working in a similar position.
- Strong written and mathematical skills.
- Good knowledge of computer skills (MS-Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience of managing and handling cash.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
Education:Diploma Education in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- English (fluent)
- Kurdish (Desirable)
- Arabic (Fluent)