FHI 360, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360/Philippines is in search of candidates for FINANCE ASSISTANT position to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project in the Philippines. The Finance Assistant will be based at the TB Innovations Office in Makati City and is expected to perform accounting and financial duties to assure accuracy and compliance with internal and external regulations. Liaise with relevant banks, and government departments and offices in relation of taxes and customs.
- Conduct pre-audits on vouchers, invoices, travel expenses report and all supporting documents for all payments related to activities funded in Philippines. Verify proper account or project codes have been recorded.
- Review petty cash vouchers and complete documentation and process timely petty cash fund replenishment;
- Maintain/update logs for payment processing and tracking;
- Liaise with bank in the processing of wire transfers and/or issuance of managers cheque;
- Timely banking of cash refunds for monies received;
- Assist in the mid-month and month-end closing activities;
- Maintain finance files related to project;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices;
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures;
- Quantitative and analytical skills;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated spreadsheet and database software skills;
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to work well with others and verify and analyze financial data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequent interaction with program, administrative and other staff, implementing agencies, and banks.
- Typical office environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- With at least 1-3 years of accounting or relevant experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer spreadsheet experience required.
- Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations, and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations will be an advantage.