United Nations Volunteers, Afghanistan, Thailand
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Regional Manager for Asia and the Pacific or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Programme Support Associate will:
Support to UN Volunteer mobilization and management
- Ensure an understanding of UNV’s mandate, key offers and the added value that UN Volunteer assignments by UN Agencies;
- Support identification of volunteer placement opportunities and present UNV value proposition and volunteer modalities with the objective of maximizing international and national volunteer presence, including collaboration in the preparation of descriptions of assignment, with partner agencies and other partners;
- Support briefings and debriefings for incoming and outgoing UN Volunteers, including personal support and guidance to UN Volunteers serving in the country;
- Work closely with the Field Security Officer and provide support to the UN Designated Official to ensure a detailed understanding among UN Volunteers on all security-related issues;
- Monitor the well-being and performance of serving UN Volunteers;
- Support the deployment and assignment management of all UN Volunteer modalities;
- Support the recruitment of national and international UN Volunteers as well as other administrative duties for placement and management of UN Volunteers assigned to the country in line with the conditions of service and in close coordination with the relevant organizational units;
- Participate in UN thematic forces, conflict and post-conflict needs assessments to identify opportunities for volunteer placement;
- Support development and implementation of the UNV country programme’s annual work plan, including reporting on UNV support funds and budget;
- Assist on the logistical and travel arrangements of arriving UN Volunteers and his/her recognized dependents;
- Maintain up to date contact records of all serving UN Volunteers, including their recognized dependents;
- In close coordination with the Communications Associate in the Regional Office, support in the preparation, dissemination and presentation of country-specific promotional information on the mandate and work of UNV with relevant development partners and the media.
- Ensure regular monitoring of well-being and duty of care of the UN Volunteers;
- Analyse the situation in the country and suggest respective actions to the supervisor;
- Act as an emergency contact point for information updates on the safety and whereabouts of the UN Volunteers under any emergency conditions;
- In close coordination with relevant organizational units and in contact with the Host Entities, update the lists of emergency entitlements and other allowances for the UN Volunteers;
- Consolidate and update the lists of the UN Volunteers and their whereabouts in case of emergency;
- Support evacuation and relocation of UN Volunteers, if applicable;
- Keep updated on the continuity plans of the Host Entities;
- Collect and analyze information of re-purposing of the UN Volunteer assignments.
Administrative and logistical support
- Maintain inventories of all UNV-supplied, non-expendable equipment, and ensure records of all items purchased for UNV-executed projects are submitted to UNV headquarters;
- Maintain general office files and keep information and reference material in a manner that allows easy reference and retrieval.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Educational additional comments
- At least, Bachelor’s degree in public administration, management, social science, international relations or other related field;
- Certification in administration, accounting or finance is desirable
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in programme management support services;
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization would be an asset;
- Knowledge of volunteerism and previous experience in a volunteer organization is an advantage;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Dari(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge.