CTG, Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of position Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, Somalia Coordination Office, in Nairobi, Kenya and under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for Cashier function in general and specifically:-
- Review, compute and process travel claims and imprest accounts, and verify authenticity of the supporting documents provided.
- To handle banking duties such as deposits, withdrawals, follow-up on bank statements and Liaise with the banks on all financial issues, un-presented cheques, bank account signatories and etc.
- Carry out staff vendor clearance regularly and make sure to settle any outstanding amount against the staff vendors older than two months and provide timely feedback to the Sr. Finance Assistant.
- Maintain petty cash of USD and KES of Somalia Coordination Office, in Nairobi and make sure proper authorization is maintained, documentation completed and correct project WBS and relevant GL are charged. Carry out regular cash count make sure authorized cash for both USD and KES are available in the Nairobi Coordinating office.
- Responsible for petty replenishment of both local currency and USD and making sure the relevant security arrangement are in place for transiting cash.
- To keep in custody, supplier’s cheques and to ensure that cheques are only handed over to authorized agents upon proper identification and submission of adequate supporting documents.
- To ensure that any difference is reported and is fully investigated and referred in the first instance to the direct supervisor to determine the necessary action to be taken
- Regularly review the Mission’s Travel Authorization register to ensure all Travel Expense Claims have been settled
- To be the custodian of the Finance Unit’s stationery stock (including receipt books, and taxi books) and office supplies & maintain a log for the same
- Post accounting transactions in SAP accounting system and process payments through electronic banking systems.
- Maintain a filing system and to ensure proper custody of financial documents - vouchers, bank correspondence etc.
- Collect payments from the staff for private use of IOM resources such as vehicles, telephone and charter flights and to follow up for payment and make sure to issue proper receipts for all cash and cheques received and to ensure that all cash and cheques are banked intact ASAP.
- Confirm bank details provided by vendors, input the confirmed bank details into the mission’s online banking platform as preformats
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.