Finance Change Project Manager
Relief International, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Finance Change Project Manager (FCPM) is responsible for ‘Optimize Finance’ transformation project management and communications by assessing progress towards realization and achieving measured improvements in Finance business operations. Through change and project management principles, techniques and tools, the FCPM ensure smooth transitions to new processes and technologies for the Finance teams around the globe.
- ‘Optimize Finance Project’ is to build and purpose the Global Finance Department into a solid, trusted and high performing function demonstrating innovation and agile solutions for the organization. This transformational project is to shift Global Finance into a critical organizational business partner delivering accurate, insightful and timely financial management information.
Change management strategy
- Ensure the interests of the Senior Director of Global Business Transformations, Executive Steering Committee and CFO are met by the program
- Effectively implement best practice change and project management tools that ensures the effective delivery of benefits through multiple transformation key initiatives
- Provide essential primary support to the Senior Director of Global Business Transformation in oversight, management and performance over the project lifecycle
- Work interactively throughout Finance team and stakeholder organizations, maintain the details of accountability for all project plans, develop and execute all communications and manage change plan activities
- In working with the Senior Director of Global Business Transformation, ensure that the work of the program, including the scope of each key initiative, covers the necessary requirements to deliver outcomes that lead to intended operational benefits
- Support the identification of key initiatives that contribute to realising benefits and achieving intended outcomes
- Define success metrics and measure performance and regularly provide transparency on status and progress
- Identify risks and mitigation plans for resistance to change
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption, minimize resistance and are changes are wholly integrated into the business
Change Management Activities
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Own and improve the communication strategy of the program
- Coordinate, monitor and oversee communications, change calendars and timelines
- Develop metrics to track and report on the effectiveness of all communication and change activities used
- Arrange and prepare communication and presentations for executives level staff and RI trustees to ensure an abundance of accurate and timely flow of information is maintained to senior stakeholders audiences
- Identify, define and track the benefits and outcomes required of the program
- Ensure maximum improvements are achieved into existing and new business processes as key initiatives are deployed into their operational use
- Perform financial, budget and process analyses using analytical tools such as Excel to find root cause, identify possible solutions and implement adopted recommendations
- Lead activities associated with benefits realization to ensure continued accrual of benefits are achieved and measured after the program has been completed
- Prepare affected business areas for transformation into new ways of working
- Optimize the timing of the release of key initiatives into business operations
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Qualifications and Skills
- This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, International Development, or a related field and CPA would be preferred.
- Experience with INGOs with experience working at a country level as well as HQ levels.
- Experience in global humanitarian operations with demonstrated proficiency with government grants, public/private donors and finance management.
- Proven track record of success implementing business/ financial transformation and change initiatives enterprise-wide in INGO organizations and within fragile settings, emergencies and developing countries
- Expert in financial accounting and analysis departments
- Knowledge of relevant management and business change techniques such as business process modeling and re-engineering, e.g. Kotter Change Management, Lean, Six Sigma or other methodologies
- Ability to lead/motivate teams/ stakeholders in a positive and professional manner
- Previous expertise in field of project management though MS Teams, Office 365 products and other software used for virtual collaboration management and communications
- Strong, positive track-record of innovation and collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success
- Good presentation skills; ability to speak effectively in large or small meetings, often virtually
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment, under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English; written, oral and listening
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice, as required for the successful implementation of the role.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation