The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Purpose of the job:
Management of the office administration budgets including its analysis, forecasting and planning. This includes support to all our Partners Across Government (PAGs) in respect of financial related matters. Management and implementation of financial controls and compliance, including purchase to pay processes, in coordination with Senior Management and the central team at the finance hub, including the monthly transparency returns and year end pack. A further key requirement includes Line Management of two busy department heads namely Transport Manager and IT Support Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
Overall management and compliance
- Budget management;
- Forecasting management;
- Hyperion (Oracle system) inputting and analysis;
- Design and implementation of budget training for departments;
- Advice and responsibility in developing procedures to capture in country costs for HMG departments. Continuously working to develop a financial management mechanism that works;
- Corrective journaling where necessary;
- Completion and submission of the Overseas Accounting Return (OAR) and all Funding Profiles required;
- Managing the cashbox and all receipting associated thereto;
- Physical check of cash imprest;
- Liaison with banks to ensure improved services for official and personal needs of local staff including managing all process associated with the set up and cancellation of bank signatories to meet operational need;
- Managing supplier set up for Prism in accordance with agreed supplier list and supporting staff to set up new supplier lists where needed;
- Process of monthly Net Post Account (NPA);
Working with and through others including Hubs
- Key liaison and implementer of processes and compliance management from Manila Finance Hub and New Delhi Pay & Benefits Hub in relation to: all purchase to pay processes; transaction processing; procurement processes and salary processing;
- Scanning of all BCG & DFID invoices & sending them to the Manila hub for payment processing ensuring translation, bank name & method of payment written on each invoice as well as managing the preparation and completion of Distribution Sets in compliance with all purchasing compliance requirements;
- Complying with all Manila Finance Hub requests in relation to processing of all end of month procedure, including but not limited to: cash balance sheet, bank statements and other requests as directed by the Finance Hub;
- Liaising with DFID, CSSF and BST team on any large-scale payments envisaged for funding forecasting management and responding to monthly transparency check requests, including managing the quarterly cash funding profiles with Manila in consultation with all PAGs;
- Liaison with Global Transaction Processing Centre and first point of call for general financial queries related to managing and clearing Purchase Orders;
Responsibilities at Post
- Full planning, preparation and assistance in conducting internal and external audits;
- Lead the MTFP (Medium Term Financial Planning) process and ensure the correctness and the veracity of profiling for London’s head office;
- Take overall responsibility for FPCI’s and KPI’s (Financial and Key performance indicators) to maintain good scores and compliance;
- General support to all holders of corporate and government procurement credit cards, as well as managing design and implementation of training associated with corporate credit cards and government procurement cards;
- Managing the purchase to pay processing and raising all related requisitions where required as well as receipting of goods/services for corporate services in compliance of all purchasing compliance policies;
- Issue duly approved payments to suppliers and staff, including writing up all cheques & bank letters per final payment registers from Manila and arranging for processing through our banks;
- Asset management and verification using OBIEE dashboard (Oracle system) and Prism Fixed Asset Register; updating the register as required;
- Process of Payroll for BCG, DFID & USSC LE Staff;
- Pay and benefits processes related to: management of provident fund scheme for BCG, DFID & BST LE Staff; Enrolment of new staff and termination of staff leaving the Consulate from the pay and benefits processes;
- Working with Deputy Consul General on all salary increases when applicable;
- Point of contact for general financial queries across the mission with a view to helping to manage and resolve such queries with a view to delivering a quality service to all customers across the mission;
- Back up ITSO;
- Work within a busy corporate services team and provide support to the corporate services team as and when required.
Line Management responsibilities
- Line Manager to two department heads namely transport manager and IT support officer;
- Working with key competencies to help guide, motivate, support and build capability of these two department heads and their respective teams.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- A university degree in the related field with 3 years of experience in financial management
- Excellent oral and written English (Arabic and/or Hebrew an advantage).
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Excellent problem solving & decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative following compulsory rules and procedures
- Proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Strong multitasking, organizational, analytical and time management skills, with excellent attention to details
- Line management experience;
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to learning and development
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience with Oracle systems and working through back end Hubs with detailed policy directives and compliance regulations
- Having a strong ability to assess a situation, apply policy and provide solutions to aid decision-making.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace