FHI 360 , Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
Finance Officer is a member of Regional Country Finance Support team. Finance Officer assists the Finance Manager to coordinate financial management including overall budget and accounting management for account book of countries in the region, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the organization. Guide and conduct training on accounting system (GFAS). Support or perform general month end closing processes and Year end closing to countries.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support/perform general month end closing and year end closing processes such as review cost allocation, balance sheet reconciliation, country accounting transactions, Accrual.
- Work closely with countries staff and ensure all transactions, adjustments or other changes are reported correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely submission of countries month-end package.
- Work with Finance Manager to notify and advise country offices on relevant issues and proposed solutions, keeping them informed of significant developments and/or risks.
- Assist Finance Manager in providing and facilitating GFAS training.
- Review donor annual report such as VAT and government report
- Provide technical support and advise country offices on internal and external audit to ensure all audit findings are cleared on time.
- Coordinate annual budgeting with all concerned and update with forecasts
- Support the team in preparing monthly management report and ad-hoc report as assigned.
- Maintain/update banking and DOA information for the region.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Fundamentals.
- General ledger and budget monitoring skills.
- Relevant software skills to include accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Has a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures
- Follow-up request in an efficient manner
- Report to supervisor on variance and status on regular basis
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demanding schedules to deliver high quality results on time
- Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work contribute, in team building environment.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Interact with others, detect errors, and resolve problem situations with tact, external contacts.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Normal office working conditions and site visit to monitor sub-recipients as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years progressively responsible accounting, finance and operational management and experience in a government contracting environment.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluent English and Thai.
- Proficient in computer spreadsheet required.
- Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations will be an advantage.