ABOUT THE JOB:
DRC / DDG has been present in Colombia since 2011, focused on capacity development, creation of action programs against mines and support for conflict-affected populations in the south of the country. The emergence of large mixed migratory flows in Colombia due to the crisis in Venezuela requires a large comprehensive humanitarian response to meet the urgent needs of refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, returnees, Colombian returnees and host communities.
DRC / DDG is currently looking for qualified personnel to work as FINANCE OFFICER , San José del Fragua headquarters, Caquetá.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Support the support service department in San José del Fragua in the various financial and administrative tasks to respond to the needs of the technical and program departments.
Financial and Budgetary Management:
- Ensure data and transactions are correctly recorded and entered into DRC Dynamics.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements according to the established weekly deadlines and
- Prepare and reconcile the smallest box (es) weekly and monthly.
- Keep files and financial records in order.
- Track contracts monthly and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed
- pay on time.
- Archive, scan and send financial documents to the Bogotá-País office on a monthly basis.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities.
- Perform budget monitoring for all budgets assigned to the San José del Fragua base.
- Support in the preparation of reports to donors.
- Support the organization of external and internal audits and request for information from donors.
- Ensure the weekly accounting closing of the San José de Fragua base and the sending of the "Cash Counts" on time.
- Ensure the monthly accounting closing of the database within the established times.
- Preparation and review of payments managed in the office.
- Manage the banking platform.
- Cause payments in the DRC Dynamics system and mount them to the bank, after reviewing compliance with the
- internal DRC procedures, as well as the corresponding media.
- Maintain reconciled the cash and bank accounts of the corresponding base.
- Maintain reconciled the accounts of advances to employees of the corresponding base.
- Maintain reconciled supplier accounts of the corresponding database.
- Maintain cash controls in accordance with procedures established by DRC.
- Monitor cash reserves.
- Prepare cash requests to the San José del Fragua headquarters.
- Carry out bank transactions.
- Maintain the updated daily record of transactions in the DRC Dynamics system.
- Management and management of petty cash resources in accordance with the procedures established by DRC.
- Act as auditor / verifier of the accounting and finance area processes at the base.
- Comply with internal donor requirements.
- Support the administrative document management process of the finance areas.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCES :
- At least 2 years of work experience with an international NGO in a similar role.
- Basic and Intermediate English.
- Good skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Punctuality and respect for DRC rules and procedures.
- You must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- University degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration.
- Spanish (mandatory).
- Comprehension of the English language (desirable).