Danish Refugee Council, Beirut, Lebanon
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
- Fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services related to cash distribution to beneficiaries in Beirut. Produces relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Transfers and payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Support in other finance related tasks when requested by Finance Manager
Planning and reporting
- Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting
- Reporting as required (NSSF, income taxes, VAT…)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
Support to Beirut Blast response:
- Support with review of partner financial documentation and financial reports
- Support partners to facilitate financial compliance if required
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have a university Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- 2-year Valid Driving license
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.