Plan International, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International has received available funding to implement a 5-month emergency response in the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur. This is to support communities affected by Super Typhoon Rolly.
- The Finance Staff provides financial and operational support in budget monitoring, cash disbursement, and financial reports and records of the emergency response. The project will cover the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur, Philippines. This role will be based in Legazpi, Albay, Philippines.
Further, as the Finance Staff:
- You will be tasked to closely monitor the budget and spending of the emergency response.
- You will assist in reviewing and sign off on the budget available for all project costs and payments.
- You will ensure proper field validation by reviewing that all financial documents in relation to the emergency response are available and securely kept.
- You will ensure that child safeguarding, gender, and inclusion standards are adhered to.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or related courses.
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in the areas of accounting or financial management
- Has relevant exposure and knowledge of computer operations and financial management
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.