The Finance/Contracts Analyst II is a member of the Access team working in partnership with Contract Management Services (CMS), Procurement/Purchasing and other FHI 360 units to efficiently operate and maintain a portfolio of sub-awards and consultant agreements to support program international exchange, teacher training, monitoring & evaluation and audit activities. He/she will be responsible for the entire contracting process from pre-award to close-out, including the development of scopes of work, sub-award solicitations, cost negotiations, preparation of sub-award packages, execution, monitoring and overall administration. The role will support ensuring full compliance with donor regulations and FHI 360 policies.
Reviews and development sub-award Proposals, Quotations (RFA, RFP, RFQ) in collaboration with Finance Manager and Exchange’s team.
- Reviews and negotiates sub-award scopes of work and budgets in collaboration with Finance Manager and Exchange’s team.
- Assists Finance Manager in all activities related to the modification and close-out of sub-awards, coordinating closely with other FHI 360 units to ensure close-out protocol is followed.
- Works closely with FHI 360 CMS during submission and approval process for sub-award packages.
- Assists Finance Manager to manage cost-share reporting to ensure meeting targets and complying with requirements.
- Assists Finance Manager in developing RFPs and SOWs for external vendors to audit Access providers on the countries selected by the client.
- Assists Finance Manager to issue the audit contract. Reviews deliverables and prepares a summary of the findings for Access managers and client.
- Supports Finance Manager in the recruitment and hiring of consultants, including ensuring proper competition of positions and drafting consultant agreements based on scopes of work and budgets provided by client.
- Contributes to the development of procurement and grant management training and training materials for team members and project stakeholders.
- Assists Finance Manager with revenue projections and entry into FHI 360’s TM1 system.
- Supports Finance Manager with operating budget, as needed.
- Supports FHI 360 internal and external audit requests.
- Serves as the backup approver for the Finance Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of USG rules and regulations required for assistance (cooperative agreements and grants).
- Strong and solid command of procedures requiring comprehensive knowledge of contracting principles.
- Proven skills in development of SOWs, negotiations, sub award management and procurement.
- Critical thinking and stronger analytical skills applied to successful completion of tasks.
- Previous experience in developing revenue projections and managing budgets required.
- Independently use technology to perform work. Ensure integrity of systems, internal controls and data, including recommending modifications for further strengthening as indicated.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology to facilitate procedures and achieve project goals and objectives.
- Adaptable to work environments in diverse cultural settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Read, write and speak English.
Education: Bachelor's degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years’ professional work experience in finance and contracting position either in the Federal Government or a Non-governmental Organization (NGO).
- Advanced (above intermediate) knowledge of donor (USG) rules and regulations applicable to the project.
- Advanced understanding of contracting concepts and principles.
- Experience in managing budgets.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.