Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join our team, overseeing and providing advice on corporate financial management, accounting, tax and audit
The Financial Accountant will work alongside the Director of Financial Management to ensure the accuracy, completeness and consistency of financial information throughout the finance and operational systems.
Ensuring that processes and procedures are fit for purpose and are compliant with Accounting Standards and other regulatory body requirements. You will have a methodical mind and a hands-on approach. Using strong communication skills to maintain positive relationships across the wider business.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of data with regards to EMEA General Ledger balances
- Ensuring that the month-end reporting process runs smoothly
- The production of weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts for submission to Head Office
- The production and accuracy of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Ensuring that corporate entity audits are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring all statutory returns are completed timely
- Assisting the Director, Financial Management with monthly and ad hoc analysis for the Business Partners
- Working alongside the Director, Financial Management to improvement processes and procedures throughout the EMEA region
- Ensuring compliance with the Accounting Standards and other applicable regulations
- Providing project teams with guidance in relation to taxation and VAT issues
- Working alongside the Director, Financial Management to ensure audit compliance
- The production of external client reporting
- Relevant academic qualifications (ACA,ACCA preferred)
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Proven experience providing audit and tax review of accountants with limited supervision
- Highly skilled at using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build collaborative working relationships with individuals across multiple disciplines
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of project costing & revenue recognition
- Previous experience managing the financial accounts of corporate entities in multiple geographies
- Understanding of international corporate tax legislation
- Previous experience of building cross functional relationships
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.