FHI 360, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
In conjunction with the Director of Finance and Administration, the Financial officer will administer financial & accounting operations ensuring that the financial transactions of the CHN Project are seamlessly running and are accurately recorded in compliance with USAID’s requirements and FHI 360 policies. Tasks will include drafting payments for contracts, grants, and consultancy agreements, entering and tracking all cost data in QuickBooks and tracking expenditures via USAID CHN tracking systems, overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to projects in finance and operations staff, analyses of financial data, budget analyses for project funds,
Areas of Responsibility
More specifically, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently prepare monthly imprest expense reports and bank reconciliations and submit imprest to Director of Finance and Administration and COP on a monthly basis for review and approval.
- Accurately record all financial transactions in QuickBooks.
- Prepare bank disbursement vouchers, wire transfers and checks and ensure all financial transactions are in compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures. Gather and review all required supporting documentation prior to issuing payment.
- Verify accuracy of all payment requests and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- Work closely with FHI 360’s Home Office finance staff to resolve issues, address concerns and respond to request for financial information.
- Contact grantees, subcontractors and vendors to discuss invoices and payments and resolve discrepancies, as required.
- Prepare monthly projections in close coordination with the Operations and Grants Teams.
- Prepare request for funds to the field verifying the reasonableness of the requested amounts.
- Monitor and manage project cash balances.
- Monitor monthly financial expenditures of project activities by tracking balances using pipeline.
- Support technical team in providing activities codes to ensure efficient reporting.
- In coordination with the procurement team, maintain a PO tracker making sure all pending PO’s are paid duly
- Grants, Subaward and Subcontract Administration
- Review, analyze and reconcile assigned Grantee financial reports to ensure that all financial transactions are correctly administered and in compliance with agreements; liaise with grantees as required to request supporting documentation, implement corrective actions and provide technical assistance to Grantees in resolving issues;
- Assist in conducting field visits to monitor grantee work, and provide financial technical assistance to grantees, as required.
- Maintain and update sub award trackers on monthly basis.
- In coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration, monitor the spending and the burn rates of the grantees
CHN Tax Administration
- Calculate payroll liabilities and ensure compliance with both Jordanian legal requirements and FHI 360/CHN human resources policies, including income tax, social security, health insurance, etc.
- Work closely with FHI 360s Tax Advisor to stay informed of changes to Jordanian tax laws and ensure proper payment of income tax, social security, office-space related taxes, etc.
- Maintain a well-organized filing system for the monthly financial imprest including payments and monthly financial reports.
- Prepare any necessary letters related to finance department;
- Respond to requests for financial information based on the Director of Finance and Administration and COP instructions.
- Complete other finance-related tasks as requested by the Director of Finance and Administration as well as the COP.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or any related field or its International Equivalent.
- 5 - 8 Years of progressively responsible accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds in an international NGO environment.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO), government, or private sector experience preferred.
- Familiarity with foreign currency exchange in an international organization.
- Interpret financial information and reports.
- Advanced English and Arabic is required.