World Bank Group, Chennai, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Position: Financial Officer
Duties and Accountabilities
The TRE Operations Chennai is an integral part of TRE and is responsible for a variety of duties providing vital support across its operational divisions. It works closely with the Headquarters in Washington D.C. Under the guidance and supervision of a Team Leader, the Financial Officer will have responsibilities for specific individual tasks/projects as well as for working as an integral part of the team in executing TREOP’s work program, while maintaining close relationships with the other Treasury departments.
The Financial Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervise the work of the TREQA Chennai team and provide adequate back-up to ensure all team’s deliverables and reporting requirements are promptly and accurately met;
- Responsible for the production and distribution of investment reports and communicate directly with internal and external clients as needed; being able to quickly identify and effectively resolve issues relating to accounting, pricing and valuation of fixed income securities, investment performance measurement and attribution for fixed income portfolio, market and credit risk measurement, and client reporting;
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly accounting deliverables and reporting requirements are accurate and performed promptly with third-party client activity, conduct accounting close and necessary accounting adjustments for third-party clients;
- Support daily derivative valuation reasonableness checks and other activities related to investment pricing and valuation, Review Daily Controls and resolve daily system-to-system reconciliations and controls reviews; communicate findings promptly to ensure proper follow-up and timely resolutions of any identified exceptions;
- Stay abreast of accounting standards (GAAP & IFRS), investment performance and GIPS standard, provide accounting technical advisories in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on topics;
- Identify capacity and back-up needs, ensure team is adequately cross-trained and work is equitably distributed among team members;
- Identify process improvements and create checks and controls by suggesting ways to make processes more streamlined and robust;
- Assist the Chennai Lead with recruitment and performance assessment initiatives; regularly monitor staff’s performance and foster effective collaboration across the Chennai team;
- Actively mentor staff for performance and talent development.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or equivalent. CFA, FRM, PRM, CPA and familiarity with fixed income financial instruments are a strong plus. Familiarity with Bloomberg and Summit is highly desirable.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in a financial institution or Big 4 auditing firm including 2 years of prior supervisory (technical oversight/SME or people management) experience.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel and Excel VBA, Word and PowerPoint is required. Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous competing demands and deliver on time.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including the capacity to communicate and discuss complex technical issues in simple terms both verbally and in writing. Experience in delivering high quality client services within a client-focused environment.
- A very high degree of self-motivation and drive to high performance, while instilling a culture of fun and care in the workplace.
- Commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility to overlap with US hours will be required to meet reporting deadlines along with willingness to travel to Washington DC for training and team projects, if required.
- Having the highest ethical standards.