Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- To implement the Financial Sector Operational Plan (FSOP) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) with a focus on capital market development and integration in general and debt and equity markets for infrastructure finance in particular, engaging Developing Member Countries (DMCs) and Regional Departments (RDs) in ADB in policy dialogue, and conducting ADB's activities to support sector policy and reforms in these areas.
- To support operational works of RDs and contribute to the work of SDCC, by providing technical inputs, knowledge and analyses in the identification, design, development, administration, evaluation of loan and technical assistance (TA) projects, and non-lending products and services (NLPS) on capital market development and integration in line with the FSOP.
- Work with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
a. Strategy and Planning
- Support ADB's effort to implement the FSOP. In doing so, support the effort of the Finance Sector Group (FSG) to develop and integrate capital markets for both public and private sectors, especially in connection with, but not limited to, infrastructure finance.
- Conduct dialogs with DMCs regarding infrastructure finance via capital markets, and support the effort to develop or reform their policy for the sector.
- Participate in a working group on capital markets in ADB and lead or contribute to the effort to build a group capacity, knowledge and staff expertise.
- Conduct economic, thematic and sector analyses / studies to identify issues related to capital market development and integration.
b. Project Management
- Provide economic analysis and technical inputs for the identification, design, development, processing of loans and TA projects, and NLPS consistent with policies and strategies to further develop the financial sector, and undertake missions and other activities for the administration of those projects.
- Participate in and support financial sector programs and projects of RDs on capitalmarket development and integration.
- Undertake data collection, micro- and macro-economic analyses for assessing the impact of policies, strategies, and projects on the financial sector, particularly capital markets, and the overall economic development in DMCs.
c. Knowledge Sharing
- Participate in the FSG and contributed to a working group on capital markets and/or infrastructure finance under it.
- Take leadership for knowledge sharing, providing learning and training for ADB staff engaged in capital markets and infrastructure finance. Contribute to enhancing ADB's sector knowledge and work quality.
- Maintain leading edge awareness of new trends and developments in areas of responsibility and lead or contribute to the effort to develop new services / products / business model in the area of capital markets for infrastructure finance.
- Lead / coordinate the interdepartmental working groups and knowledge sharing networks on capital markets particularly with respect to infrastructure finance.
d. Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the ongoing learning and development of reporting staff.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Economics, Business, Finance or related fields.
- University degree in Economics, Business, Finance or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experiences in the financial sector, mostly in capital markets for infrastructure finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development in multiple countries.
- Willingness to travel extensively when necessary.